//ArrowChat Code

Thread: An exhaust idea

--

An exhaust idea

I had an idea. Would the benefits be worth the effort though?

A friend of mine owns a muffler shop. He has dies to bend 1 1/2 pipe and is willing to bend me an exhaust header for my 200ES build.
    I will have to turn a trunnion of sorts. It would be a slip fit into the 1 1/2 pipe and then step down to slip into the engine. I can weld that into place. I still haven't solved the riddle of the engine mounting plate but that shouldn't be too big a deal to make something that'll work. I can set up one of the plates I have in the 4 jaw and bore the ID out. On my insert I make, I can just use a larger OD piece of material and machine a shoulder for it to bear against.

It would be a good bit of work getting it right, but would that not really free up the exhaust? I could run a small compact car muffler as well. Just have to find one of the appropriate dimensions. As many as there are, shouldn't be too difficult.

A ported head with an XR200 cam and an inch and a half exhaust would HAVE to run better. One would think.

Thoughts?

--
    Sounds good to me but I'm no expert on exhaust technology.

Post plenty of pics

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I certainly will.

--
    It would have to be an awfully small car muffler to fit on your trike. All of this work will be for nothing if you don't rejet your carb to take advantage of all of the extra air flow you will have. Also, it would most likely run worse if you don't rejet since it would be extremely lean.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //