//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New guy from Michigan here

--

New guy from Michigan here

Hey guys recently picked up a 83 Yamaha trimoto 125 for 200 bucks. I got it going sort of. I cleaned the whole carb, drained old fuel and cleaned the tank, new spark plug, do need a new air filter, though I'm having trouble finding one, clead reed valves.Now it'll only start and stay running at full throttle. Once I let off it will sputter out and die, then it won't start for about 5-10 minutes. I'm out of ideas, any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Welcome aboard! I'm a michigan boy too. Your new trike looks to be in really good shape. Sounds like you still have a fuel issue. Did you clean the petcock screen in the tank? Sounds like its starving for fuel and once the bowl fills back up, it will start again. Make sure when you cleaned the carb, you went through every single port and orifice. One clogged port will give you lots of headaches. Good luck!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCKevin View Post
    Welcome aboard! I'm a michigan boy too. Your new trike looks to be in really good shape. Sounds like you still have a fuel issue. Did you clean the petcock screen in the tank? Sounds like its starving for fuel and once the bowl fills back up, it will start again. Make sure when you cleaned the carb, you went through every single port and orifice. One clogged port will give you lots of headaches. Good luck!
    Got it fixed. Turns out it was missing the carb needle, hence why it only ran full throttle. Put one in and she idled beautifully. Pretty much stole the thing for 200 bucks

--
    Welcome to the Forum! I'm a fellow Michigan rider as well. Do most of my riding in Nothern Michigan...Crawford County. This group of trike owners are awesome on here. They have helped me with multiple problems. Kinda like having a group of mechanics on hand. Happy riding!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratolicious View Post
    Welcome to the Forum! I'm a fellow Michigan rider as well. Do most of my riding in Nothern Michigan...Crawford County. This group of trike owners are awesome on here. They have helped me with multiple problems. Kinda like having a group of mechanics on hand. Happy riding!
    Southern Michigan here. Don't really see many 3 wheeler here. Everyone is on those fancy 4 wheel contraptions

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    nmarciano, ever ride at Bundy Hill?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCKevin View Post
    nmarciano, ever ride at Bundy Hill?
    they don't allow 3 wheelers, which kind of sucks. But I've taken my 350 Honda quad there. It's super fun and not a whole lot of money to get in.

--
    I still see three wheelers at Bundy Hill every so often, apparently they let you ride one if you have your own insurance, but it's not mentioned on their website.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    I still see three wheelers at Bundy Hill every so often, apparently they let you ride one if you have your own insurance, but it's not mentioned on their website.
    Well, I didn't know that. Me and my brother have plenty of property to ride on, but I still like going to Bundy hill. Well I know what I'm doing this weekend.

--
    I would call ahead if you plan on taking a three wheeler, make sure.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeMike View Post
    I would call ahead if you plan on taking a three wheeler, make sure.
    Didn't even think of that. What do you ride?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //