//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 250/ I’m new to three wheeler world

--

1985 250/ I’m new to three wheeler world

Hey what’s up I come from honda-tech.com. My names Will I’m 22 from Texas. I’m working on my grandfathers 1985 ATC250ES and it needs some love lol the part of the ignition where you turn the key got to where you had to turn the key really hard for the neutral light to come on. And it got to the point to where it just turned around and wasn’t staying in place. And I’ve been researching and I’m thinking the neutral position sensor... any input is greatly appreciated. I need parts too. Or input on how to fix this. The green wire became unsoldered. I tried to bend the piece of metal I think it was soldered to and stick it together. But I’m not too sure that’s where it was soldered. If someone could sell me this part or tell me where to get it that would be great. And for the hole in the front, I’m running a new start button because the old one wasn’t working.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F49AB8AE-E9D2-4C1B-B8F9-B76589A17DF0.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	253977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D57F3891-458D-4397-90B7-0C544B0E08C0.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	253978  

--
    It sounds to me like you just need a new key switch for your neutral light issue. Especially since it now just turns and doesn't stay in place. As for your start button not working, did it work when the neutral light was on or not ever? If it never worked, you may need to clean the contacts or else it could be the green wire. Right off hand, I'm not sure where it should be soldered to.

--
    Ok. He said he’s replaced the key switch before. So I could see that being the problem. And for the start button I had to get a screw driver and jam it down in there on the button to get it to work. And the goal was to clean the contact point but now you could say I’ve made a mess. But really I’d like to just buy this part from someone along with the pig tail that goes with it. Or if someone could take a picture of the back of their switches/buttons and I could figure out where this green wire goes for sure. Thanks!

--
    Try sending a PM to member ps2fixer. He knows a lot about electrical systems on these old trikes. As for a replacement, he may be able to suggest a newer replacement. There are a few used ones on Ebay right now. There's also a couple of new ones listed. I have no idea on the quality of those. they say "OEM quality". But who knows what that means for sure?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Try sending a PM to member ps2fixer. He knows a lot about electrical systems on these old trikes. As for a replacement, he may be able to suggest a newer replacement. There are a few used ones on Ebay right now. There's also a couple of new ones listed. I have no idea on the quality of those. they say "OEM quality". But who knows what that means for sure?
    Okay I’ll send him a message. And yea I’ve been browsing eBay and I’m counting wires to see if I could get one to work. Can’t seem to find the one I need nor an identical one. I’ll see what I can find elsewhere though.

--
    Good luck. I'm just about ready to start on my 85 250ES project. I ordered several parts for it over the weekend.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //