//ArrowChat Code

Thread: engine breaking up with steady throttle-help please.

--

engine breaking up with steady throttle-help please.

hey folks! I am new to this forum. I recently picked up a 1984 200X. It was a basket case. I have it running, but when I hold the throttle steady above a idle it sounds like it is skipping. It revs great and runs good, wide open throttle. I have already rebuilt the carb. I have also cleaned the grounds to the spark plug coil. Has anyone else had this happen? I am trying to pin point the problem, so I am not just replacing parts and spending money. any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
    Trying running it half and full choke and see if it clears up or helps at all ?
    Are you using the air box lid ?
    New spark plug , fresh new connection at the plug cap .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Yeah, I have the same issue with an ATC200. It's a stutter just off idle. I've got the timing dialed in perfect. Rotor gap set perfect. Valves adjusted perfect.
    I rebuilt the carb and it still did it. Bought a brand new china carb. Still does it. I don't know what it is. I made a post a couple weeks ago about it but no one replied. We probably have the same issue. Mine starts first pull. Idles smooth as silk. Makes great power at full throttle but when I ease on the throttle lightly, it's got a nasty little miss to it until you give it more throttle.
    I have a different carb I plan to rebuild and try again. A local repair guy owes me a favor and has a NICE ultrasonic cleaner. I'll have him clean it and try again.

If you find the culprit before I do, please post or PM me. I'll do the same if/when I find the issue.

--
    If it's popping off on deceleration it's the mid jet adjust, or swap your china jets to your stock ones. It's also possible your clip came off the needle jet and it's loose. The air leak is never out as that can have same effect. Make sue your slide facing the proper direction.

--
    I second moving the clip down or up one on the needle depending on if it's a rich or lean miss. And are you running factory exhaust and air box? Cause those will cause a lean issue
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Well, I tore down my original carb and went through it again. Something significant I missed was a tiny washer and o ring on the pilot screw. I had the spring but for whatever retard reason, I left those out. I moved the needle back to position 3 and put the pilot at two full turns. It fired off third pull and runs strong. The stutter is gone. idle is smooth, off idle is smooth, full throttle is 98%. It has a VERY slight hesitation if I floor it from an idle. The needle position could be adjusted to get that out but I do not ride it like I stole it and I ain't touching it. Took some laps around the yard and it runs EXACTLY like I want it to.

Still not sure why the new carb did the same thing. Don't care to be honest.

SO, make sure you put ALL the parts back in the carburetor! HaHa!!!

--
    okay, I will go back thur and doublecheck my carb. I will make sure that washer and o ring are put in. I am not sure if I changed them out. I will let you know what I come up with, thanks!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //