//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Wiring harness ...from scratch.

--

Wiring harness ...from scratch.

Has anyone ever wired an ATC from scratch, hand made harness?
    If this were a 200S I would go with no fear but it's an '84 200ES. About the most complicated of all the 200cc models.

I have NOTHING but just a few factory connectors that are about shot. I'll probably buy some quality waterproof generic couplers and replace those too. Coil, switches, headlight, CDI & rectifier/regulator will all be new purchased.
    Just when I think I get close to comprehending things...I lose it. LOL!

First off, the starter inhibitor relay. What good is it unless you're letting an idiot drive? No normal sane person mashes the starter switch when it's running anymore than you'd turn the key on your truck after you started it. It would simplify things a lot if I delete it.
    Direct wiring the neutral & reverse lights, routed through the master switch would keep their handiness. I do have the indicator lights and center mount and they work with 12v applied so I will try to use them.

--
    Check with ps2fixer here on the boards. He makes quite a few different wiring harnesses, but not sure if he does that particular model.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Yep, PS2 has put in the time, the work and the correct tools to duplicate OEM damn near 100%.

He's a good dude as well...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    ***HOPEFULLY***
    I have a deal this weekend to pick up two more 200ES trikes. One is complete. The other is for parts. If the deal goes through AND the parts trike has a usable harness, I will use it. If not, I will contact PS2Fixer and see what he can do.

Thanks for the help!

--
    Are good used 200es harnesses in such short supply that it's worth it to make one? I didn't check eBay before posting this so I have no idea.

Rob

--
    I've checked Ebay. I'm NOT paying that much for something I'll probably end up having to repair and re-wrap anyway.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //