//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 200M No Spark

--

85 200M No Spark

I'm trying to revive my old 1985 ATC 200m but I can't seem to get a spark. It ran, albeit not very well, about 2 years ago and has been parked ever since. When I started tinkering with it, I noticed that the battery was installed backwards. The ignition switch was old so I replaced it and the starter solenoid was fried so i replaced it too. I have also replaced the spark plug, CDI box, and ignition coil. I tried to take the pulse generator cover off, but one of the phillips head screws stripped. I'm just not sure what to look for next.

As far as testing goes, I turn the key and press the start button while holding the spark plug threads against the cylinder head. When I do this, there is no spark. Any ideas?

--
    i would start by making sure you have contunuity through your spark plug cap, then ensuring you are getting voltage and good ground at coil, ith those are all good i would be disconnecting the kill switch and ignition coil and either kick or pull it over and see if you have spark, if all those past test you are looking at your pulse generator or stater. as longa s the cdi and coil you put on it are good.

--
    Thank you for showing me how much of an idiot I am. I literally had the kill switch off. I don't feel bad that I replaced the ignition, coil, solenoid and CDI though. It was only $30-40 and they replaced 33 year old parts. Once again, thanks for the help.

--
    haha no worries it happens to the best of us glad i could help

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //