//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What is this? ATC250L?

--

What is this? ATC250L?

Found this. Want one! What IS it exactly? Obviously someone who knows what they're doing built it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ydk6WGZ.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	254016

--
    That looks like it's very nicely done. Must be a 2014+ CRF250L conversion.

http://powersports.honda.com/2018/crf250l/street.aspx

Rob

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I’ve been thinking about doing this conversion.
    Anybody got a comparison to a 350x as far as power/torque
    Chris

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk View Post
    I’ve been thinking about doing this conversion.
    Anybody got a comparison to a 350x as far as power/torque

I have no way of knowing, but as efficient as these new engines are, I would say they'd be fairly close. No replacement for displacement will always be true but but they didn't wring out all the old motors were capable of by a LONG shot.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I have the same bike.....its a dog. Stock was rated at 18 horses, fuel injection is very lean, stupid emissions controls, its really heavy, the suspension is beyond terrible. I can easily say that my 86 atc200x probably has more power and better suspension. Well....its not as slow and has much better suspension now, I did alot of modifying and aftermarket parts to pep it up. I also should say that it has a "judder" type clutch, basically you have 4 real clutch plates and metals and the last clutch plate is 1/2 the friction, there is 2 spring type things and what can be called 3/4 of the metal plate. Basically it was designed to have a very easy clutch pull and no hard grabbing, if you give it alot of gas and pop the clutch, it won't wheelie or take off quickly, the clutch will slip, you can run 1 or 2 gears high and the clutch will slip, instead of stalling out. Mine isn't stock, I have far better suspension, removed "judder" clutch, stiffer springs, removed emissions stuff, performance pipe, bigger throttle body, replaced the "vague" feeling brake lines, cbr250r ecu, fuel controller, the really tall stock gearing is replaced with more woods usable gearing, removed weight......almost 20lb pipe and silencer, removed metal gas tank for a plastic and other comfort/usable mods. It is much better, but still can't compete with a crf250x or crf250r.

--
    One, almost vertical wheelie, and you can wave bye bye to that protruding taillight.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thanks for the info
    Chris

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I have no way of knowing, but as efficient as these new engines are, I would say they'd be fairly close. No replacement for displacement will always be true but but they didn't wring out all the old motors were capable of by a LONG shot.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //