//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri z chain don't look right after rear shock change

--

Tri z chain don't look right after rear shock change

Hiya. It's been a good 10 years since I've been here.
    Any help or tell me what ain't right please.
    After changing over rear shock . The way the chain is touching the chain guide. And I can't remember what it looked like before I took it to bits. Couple of pics to look at .
    Also can anybody put a link up to what was involved in moving the petrol tank back to make room for the rear shock with the fixed res...Thanks in advance ian..
    Def got a funny feeling I will be back with more questionsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1534434728417-141448442.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	254036

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1534434886319656750058.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	895.0 KB 
ID:	254037
    Will put a few more pics up later.
    Thanks again

--
    Normal, sprocket looks smaller causing it, bigger problem is your 660rear shock islonger then oem shock. It should be built gir your weight kenght of swinger and machine. I know a guy who builds them nive aboyt $200 or do. You should prob have a dual- rate- spring to set your sag proload ride height. Go ride it then.

Pm for jocagas info. Google that name see what he does. I have 3 holes with his built shocks.

--
    Thanks for that mate...I brought that rear shock 10 years ago. Only dug the trike out the other day..And that's been sitting for 10 years...I'm pretty sure the shock was the same length. But will check it again tomorrow. .Will google that name and see what he's got for me..Thanks again ian

--
    Even sitting at rest, a blown shock will sit low. Add a fresh shock set with C/R damping and proper sag and it will sit higher.

Higher it sits, the worse that angle increases up at your font sprocket.

Whatever type of guide you have, it doesn't have the one piece guide that covers the "nose" of your swingarm.

Maybe the Triz doesn't call for that guide?, IDK, so it may stick out in it's normal position if that's how it's supposed to sit..
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I think I might just put the old one back on and see how it sits. Thanks for the help..ian

--

--
    thanks oldskool, im on him

--
    What's more important (I think) is how it sits with you on it. Try sitting on it to see what it looks like. Next time don't wait 10 years! We're here all the time.

--
    hiya, yeah does sit a bit better with me on it, im talking to Jogaca-now, getting my one rebuilt, will keep you updated
    thanks ian

--
    It's just not spring weight. It's off an atv that's heaveier by a good 125lbs so kevin will fix him up. This is the problem with swaping shocks and ppl thinking i upgraded. Sure its a better shock but still is crap stock form.

--
    Been speaking to the guy at jagaca. Decent guy. He has found me a shock to rebuild. So that's a good start. Just waiting for a reply from mean machines on ebay to see if he will post me a billet cover.. Does anyone know if anyone has done a custom kicker for the z...I have to dig out all bits I got for the z. I should have a head for it somewhere..koolhead..If I can remember..should be still in original packet. Collecting dust for about 10 years

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    That’s Kevin, he’s a pretty awesome guy to work with.

--
    Got to say . He is very helpful. He had to buy a rear shock for me . EBay sellers can be a right pain in the ars sometimes when they won't ship...but kevin took the time to buy for me...Def a top man..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //