//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Wiring up a reverse light.

--

Wiring up a reverse light.

I really hope I can articulate this with my pizz poor typing....

I will be replacing my head light with an LED set up. No high and low beam, only on and off. I will just dummy up the high beam leads OR use them for an other accessory later.

I was thinking of using a small LED fog light to make a reverse light. Since the reverse light indicator inside the engine makes contact with ground when in reverse, could I not spilt that wire and feed a small relay that would then activate the small LED fog light mounted discreetly on the rear, when the transmission is placed in reverse?

My only other thought was to run a wire from the high beam lead to the rear, making manually operated. Low beam gets you a front light, high beam gets you a reverse light.

Reckon which would be preferable? The wiring is a non issue as the thing is a bare frame right now.

--
    I would think both ways would work. What ATC would this be done to? Typing is fine. .

Cool factor would be hooking it up to the reverse light on the dash via a relay and a FUSE.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Fuse would be a must. I am leaning toward making it work with the indicator light. That would be pretty cool.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    First thing to mention, there is a LED headlight 45w with high and low beam. I used to modify them wiring wise to fit the 200es, it's basically a direct fit, just the outer edge of the light is thicker than the oem one so it's a bit of a tight fit for the headlight spring clip things.

To wire a led light for just on/off with the existing wiring, you need the green wire (grown) and either white/blue which will only work either with dim/brights, or you could use the brown wire for them to be on whenever the lights are turned on (brown is for the tail lights). Colors are based on memory, 200es might be a lil different than other machines.

Reverse lights would hook up exactly as you describe, tie into the reverse switch (it connects right at the hi/low/rev selector), relay would be best, but I'm pretty sure the switch would work fine with a small led light like 12-30w no problem. That would be your ground wire, and you'd run power to it either from the battery (add a fuse), or you could tie into the existing main power supply or aux power plug near the front of the machine.

Good luck on the project machines :P

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //