//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 70 airbox

--

ATC 70 airbox

Disclaimer : not an atc 70.. trx 70 actually..... pretty sure airbox is the same..

Anyways, what's up with the weird airbox? Why so many parts? Screen, filter, caps, bolt thru the middle, rubber boots..yada yada...

Trying to rehab the machine and the carb to airbox boot is broken, cracked etc. Trying to make a homebrew boot out of rubber plumbing parts, but its kind of a weird shape, weird angle

Thought about removing the airbox to make room for a generic 1.25" filter or something, but can't get the airbox off?? There's another rubber tube thing attached to the back of the box that disappears into the rear frame... doesn't seem to want to come out. ??

any suggestions?

wonder if honda still sells the boot?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 200Maniac View Post
    Disclaimer : not an atc 70.. trx 70 actually..... pretty sure airbox is the same..

Anyways, what's up with the weird airbox? Why so many parts? Screen, filter, caps, bolt thru the middle, rubber boots..yada yada...

Trying to rehab the machine and the carb to airbox boot is broken, cracked etc. Trying to make a homebrew boot out of rubber plumbing parts, but its kind of a weird shape, weird angle

Thought about removing the airbox to make room for a generic 1.25" filter or something, but can't get the airbox off?? There's another rubber tube thing attached to the back of the box that disappears into the rear frame... doesn't seem to want to come out. ??

any suggestions?

wonder if honda still sells the boot?
    What year 70? You should be able to find all those parts in eBay, at least I did for my 74.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    What year 70? You should be able to find all those parts in eBay, at least I did for my 74.
    Most service parts you can get from Honda still. And them for the nos rubbers you can get those from spanglers mate. All the best with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Honda would only sell the whole airbox + snorkles, boots etc. Don't recall how much.. I ended up ordering the carb intake boot (same as 78+ CT70) for ~$23 CAD from a honda minibike oriented place.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //