//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Who can still be trusted to extend a TRI-Z swingarm?

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Who can still be trusted to extend a TRI-Z swingarm?

I really think it's like to add 2" to mine, I mean really, who didn't want another 2"! Sorry, that's another subject lol. Anyway, it seems through searches that most of the cats that used to do this are gone or just don't do it anymore. I have a really cool Rap 700 aluminum attn that I wish found be made to work. I Love The axle adjustment on those, it was so simple on the old 700 I had. Man that machine was a beast with mods!

--
    I might be thinking wrong, but isn't a warrior or blaster swing arm interchangeable and longer? I know Honda's better, Yamaha is one of my weak areas.

EDIT: Neither swing arm fits, thanks to 3Z with Fangs! for validating.

FYI, I have a stock swing arm if your's gets messed up when being extended or if you wanted the option to go back to stock.
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 08-22-2018 at 02:10 PM.

--
    Buy are new hre atv swinger. That chop and extenders a thing of the past. Www.hreatv.com he builds all my stuff. New 350x frames are comming....shhhhh!

I had her build me a +4.3 swinger for my built 60hp Raptor 660r. I try not to use anyone but him but i know him and are there very often working on new crap.

--
    Agreed^^ Chopping into 35 year old rusty steel and extending it to exert more stress on it is not the wisest choice. Throw a new one on her. Reminds me, I have a NOS Dura Blue +2 Warrior in a corner somewhere.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thanks guys, to be completely truthful I didn't think the Tri-Z had enough following cute people to be building a swingarm for it. The Honda's are forever legendary (hard for a Yamaha guy to admit) so I expect stuff for them but not the Z. I will look into HRE. Hopefully something will work out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I might be thinking wrong, but isn't a warrior or blaster swing arm interchangeable and longer? I know Honda's better, Yamaha is one of my weak areas.

FYI, I have a stock swing arm if your's gets messed up when being extended or if you wanted the option to go back to stock.
    No, neither is a bolt in, if you could combine the two it would be close. A Warrior bolts into the frame up front seperate from the engine and it's solid across the front. It's very similar in design after that though. The Blaster bolts up between the frame up front and includes the engine like the Z does but the shock bolts directly to a Blaster Swingarm and doesn't use a link like the Z and Warrior do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Z with Fangs! View Post
    No, neither is a bolt in, if you could combine the two it would be close. A Warrior bolts into the frame up front separate from the engine and it's solid across the front. It's very similar in design after that though. The Blaster bolts up between the frame up front and includes the engine like the Z does but the shock bolts directly to a Blaster Swingarm and doesn't use a link like the Z and Warrior do.
    Thanks for the clarification, I've owned a 99 warrior, a blaster (my dad put a 500cc TX500 engine in the frame), and a 85 tri-z, but never looked into their differences much. I'll edit my post so it isn't misleading.

--
    Hre an built an eccentric carrier using 400ex or 300ex rear stuff. Does it all the time for tecate guys. No big deal. Oem is a junk mess to adjust. I run eccentric Honda style on my 660r swinger we made for my raptor

--
    I've never messed with any of the Honda stuff, I've heard guys brag for years about the roundhouse carrier though. I guess the closest thing to that I have had the chance to toy with is the Rap 700 style carrier. I loved how easy that was to adjust on the 700 I had.

--
    I DTD send an email to HRE, I haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed.

--
    He will answer later, it's just one guy. I'm over in the shop Friday I'll bring it up.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    He will answer later, it's just one guy. I'm over in the shop Friday I'll bring it up.
    Thanks brotha, much appreciated!

--
    Was over today. He emailed you back. He's finishing up a buy a plus 8 200x swinger. If your serious put in an order. His line up grows daily. My stuff grows per week lol. A preview of what he can do. This is a custom made front bumper mixing elements of prm hill climbing and vintage duncon racing. Rim reinforcing runs I designed he welded up for me. Known Mike 10 maybe 12 years now.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 07-13-2020 at 08:11 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //