//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Squish clearence

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatfan View Post
    Yea, I understand what you are saying. I have done the same in past myself, but they were single cylinder KE, KM, yamaha GT. I prob would have ran it anyway but the man i bought it off of warned me it would seize it up with the premix. He seemed pretty knowlegable and pointed the main bearing lines. Idk it looks the same to me about that bearing off center. Prob run the injector and like 70:1 premix?
    In theory if the injector pump is working you don't need any premix, but until you can see that it's working because the tank is getting lower as you ride it I would use maybe 100:1 as a precaution and even more on break-in, like 50:1 in the first tank.

I've run pre-mix in an RD350 and an RZ500 as well as every sled and single I've ever owned, but none had a bearing hidden behind another like your engine has. Can you put up a photo of the upped case half without the jugs on it? I'd like to see what they look like from the top. Most engines have an oil drip hole above the main bearings, but I'm guessing yours doesn't.
    It sucks to get old

--

Looks like it has four ports/drippers with banjo bolts.

Heres a few pics. See those holes the base gaskets are covering and semi covering? You can see the holes for the banjos bolts and lines below them. I havent checkes yet, but does that dripper/s feed through that base gasket hole that are blocked and partially blocked off. I wanna blow some compressed air through the banjo bolts area to make sure they are not stopped up and with the jugs off not to damge my main seals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180820_135547.jpg   20180820_185909.jpg   20180820_185851.jpg   20180820_185822.jpg   20180820_195558.jpg   20180820_195604.jpg  

--
    Dont know if the base gaskets were turned around wrong or generic from someone else in the past. But wouldnt you wanna punch that hole out before assembly if it didnt match up? Lol Idk, but I dont think that bike had ever been tore down past a clutch cover before. Shows like 900 plus miles on it.

--

Repair manual

Heres a screen shot of the oil pump and lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20180826-233032.jpg  

--
    Interesting. Do you have a source for those parts?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Interesting. Do you have a source for those parts?
    Ebay and FB gt group. Should all be here today. Bikebandit, partzilla, and rockymountain atv had some as well.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //