//ArrowChat Code

Thread: PWK33 jetting

--

PWK33 jetting

Hey guys having dramas again with my trike from the bike shop. I have a 84 250r with boyseen reeds, full DG exhaust and silencer with a pwk33 carb on it. The bike shop has put a 52 and a 158 in it and it’s fouling plugs and not idling. Has anyone done this to their 250r and give me a rough on what jetting to put in? Change the 52 pilot smaller?
    Just maybe a rough ball park figure where to start? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Hey Ivan, I replied to your PM. Air screw out 1.5 turns from seated. Start with 45 pilot and see how it responds. It may need to be bigger than that but it’s a good place to start. Needle clip in middle.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Hey Ivan, I replied to your PM. Air screw out 1.5 turns from seated. Start with 45 pilot and see how it responds. It may need to be bigger than that but it’s a good place to start. Needle clip in middle.
    Good to see you posting

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Thanks Brendan I’ll try out on the weekend and do it myself!

--
    What's your mix ratio and brand synthetic or not? If your a 32:1 guy your a bit rich on blend, on 86*octane IMO, and bad idle/failed plugs can be a result. I prefer non-ethanol fuel as well but that's me 40:1 synthetic. It's running now so your close use the needle clip position to determine your next move. Small adjustments, don't jump around with jets get your direction frist moving the clip. Yes it's a pain but worth it. When moving up or down a main jet always put the clip back to the middle position. Then start the process all over, you'll get it.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 08-29-2018 at 09:55 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    What's your mix ratio and brand synthetic or not? If your a 32:1 guy your a bit rich on blend, on 86*octane IMO, and bad idle/failed plugs can be a result. I prefer non-ethanol fuel as well but that's me 40:1 synthetic. It's running now so your close use the needle clip position to determine your next move. Small adjustments, don't jump around with jets get your direction frist moving the clip. Yes it's a pain but worth it. When moving up or down a main jet always put the clip back to the middle position. Then start the process all over, you'll get it.
    Yes running 32 to 1 using moto oil. I’ll play around on the weekend and hopefully get it sorted out.

--
    Jetting seems to be fine and run ok, but it still won’t idle correctly! Sometimes it idles nice them other times, it seems like it’s missing a beat, then sort of rev high then low with the idle? What to do? I think iam over this trike, so much time and effort into it and still won’t work! I think it’s time to sell and buy a third gen here if I can find one.

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Erratic idle could mean an air leak somewhere. Might have to look into a crankcase pressure test.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCKevin View Post
    Erratic idle could mean an air leak somewhere. Might have to look into a crankcase pressure test.
    That’s what I think! Must be a leak somewhere

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    My gut says air leak man...
    Hopefully old mate can diagnose where it is. It would make sense for it to be the cause as you had the jumpy idle with the previous carb yeah??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoo View Post
    My gut says air leak man...
    Hopefully old mate can diagnose where it is. It would make sense for it to be the cause as you had the jumpy idle with the previous carb yeah??

Yeah man it has to be a air leak! Brendan messaged me today also and said the same thing! So over this trike, but will have to get it working once and for all.

oldoo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Once that's fixed it should run sweet!

--
    Let’s hope so buddy! I still have my doubts with this bike it’s just caused me dramas from day one! Regret buying it! All the work and money, but will sort it out

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //