//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hot sauce

--

Hot sauce

Grew several pounds of habaneros , chili and tobacco peppers. Anyone got some ideas ? MRsound perhaps
    TrikeFest 2012, 2013
    Mikfest 1.0
    HellHole Survivor
    Jericho

Looking for a liquid cooled kx500 motor .. Pm me with what you got

--
    I like to make various pepper jams from mine. Jalapeņo all the way up to ghost and reaper. I also like to pickle them and can them. Dehydrate and grind them into powder. I use the powder to make hot jerky and beef sticks. Possibilities are endless. I started out just googling what to do with them and then it's trial and error to get it where you like it. Here's what I started with for my jam. I dropped sugar to 4 1/2 cups. http://www.pickyourown.org/pepper_jelly.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    ^^^ The king of hot pepper jam!! I wish I had a video of Brent taking a big bite of yours at TF a couple years ago!!

--
    Love some pepper jelly on a ritz cracker with cream cheese!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I thought it was gonna be a sweet jam. .......

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Search pineapple/habenero jam
    Chris

--
    MrSound: I had some of your pepper jelly (the red very hot) two weekends ago - it doth set my mouth on fire! I couldn't stay away from it though - kept going back for more endorphin releases! So so good - you make the best stuff with your peppers! Maybe your board name should be MrPepper!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    MrSound: I had some of your pepper jelly (the red very hot) two weekends ago - it doth set my mouth on fire! I couldn't stay away from it though - kept going back for more endorphin releases! So so good - you make the best stuff with your peppers! Maybe your board name should be MrPepper!
    That was the ghost/reaper jam. I wondered if anyone would claim it . Funny you should mention the name, the campground we are at has plenty of Mikes.... therefore I'm referred to as pepper Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TecateDan View Post
    Grew several pounds of habaneros , chili and tobacco peppers. Anyone got some ideas ? MRsound perhaps
    Hey, TecateDan is back. Long time, no see, old buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    Love some pepper jelly on a ritz cracker with cream cheese!
    That's how we Yankees eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSOUND View Post
    That was the ghost/reaper jam. I wondered if anyone would claim it . Funny you should mention the name, the campground we are at has plenty of Mikes.... therefore I'm referred to as pepper Mike
    I was lucky enough to inherit the leftover from the Hamlin race. You'll be happy to know that your pepper jelly lit up several of my other uncles and cousins at the Peepers Pepper Party two weekends ago. The red was really WICKED. Thanks again!

--
    I’ve been searching for tionesta for years now ... need. 450 bad since I rode one
    TrikeFest 2012, 2013
    Mikfest 1.0
    HellHole Survivor
    Jericho

Looking for a liquid cooled kx500 motor .. Pm me with what you got

--
    Bringing this back from the dead to show off my latest creation. 7 Pot Primo sauce. Started these from seed last december, just now picked and made sauce/froze the rest.

As for a recipe there's not much to it. Place 20-25 of these in a boiler and quarter them up, add a small slice of butter to the pot and cover the sliced peppers with 1" of water and boil, stirring until they cook down. There's enough oil in these peppers that when the water boils off, they will fry in their own oil and the butter so i tossed them around a bit and added a little garlic salt and onion powder and let it cool. Next, add the peppers to a blender and add 1/2 tsp of paprika and 1 tsp of liquid smoke and puree. Add a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and apple cider vinegar until the desired consistency is reached and bottle.

Oh i almost forgot, do this outside

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1015190743.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	260313
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es