//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Texan on a Commuter

--

Texan on a Commuter

After a quick Google search for 3 wheeler forums, up pops up the 3 wheeler forum. Ain't technology great? I just bought a Commuter TE380 that requires some minor fixes to make move. Mine has a Kohler 8hp and Comet 40 torque converter. I've ordered a new belt, spark plug, fuel tank and throttle lever. I think the WalMart 230cca mower battery will crank the thing. I'll start a thread to add pictures once I can find a camera that works. Thanks for the resource and I'm looking forward to sharing and learning.

--
    Welcome to the site!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Welcome aboard. Guessing you beat me to that one in Lubbock. I’ve got 2 of the commuters. By chance what tank did you order for it? I ended up having 2 built, they are a bit square but fit in original mounting holes. Enjoy the ride
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    Do you have a picture for those of us that have not seen one before and are coming up empty on a google search.

--
    Welcome. I thought those all had Kawasaki industrial style engines. They are unique machines for sure. Not trying to be derogatory, but I usually call them and others like them "Off Brand" three wheelers.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4355.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	254360
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4356.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	254361

I had certainly never heard of one before finding this one. It has a rear rack as well. The wiring is snipped in a lot of places but it's pretty simple-looking. If I can get it to run and drive I'd like to add a set of matching tires. In response to Danbur55, I've just got a little white minibike tank coming to test and get it running. The original tank has a few rust holes in it. Not sure if it's worth it to try to weld a patch in. Inside has lots of rust.

--
    I can say that you're missing the panel that mounts the key switch. It goes in front of the engine on the right hand side. I think it may mount the choke too, but I could be wrong on that one since I haven't seen one up close since the late '90's.

--
    the TE380 came with the 8hp kohler (k181 model) the other models came with the kawasaki industrial 9hp his key switch and choke are present and in normal location for the 380 anyway, might be different on 390, granger, or sasquatch. search in this forum (rectangle box top right) will bring up several threads in regards to "commuter" 3 wheelers and other related info on these off brand but interesting pieces of history crxpilot that one is in great shape compared to most of them and having the clutch cover is a plus
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    I guess the one that I saw must have been a 390 then. It had no decals whatsoever. The owner and I had no idea what kind it was. I'd seen a couple of others sitting in the back of different farmer's sheds back in the early 90's. They would be kind of cool to have, but I doubt that they're still around.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //