//ArrowChat Code

Thread: thnking about a 110M for myfirst three wheeler project

--

thnking about a 110M for myfirst three wheeler project

I have found a 125 M that I might tackle as my first 3 wheel ATV project. The engine is removed from the frame but it is all there. The tires are good and the plastic is in good shape. It is cheap so I am not gambling much. If it turns out not to be worth fixing I will part it out and list it on here.
    If I tackle it I will be on here needing a lot of help.
    Last edited by thomc1; 09-06-2018 at 03:31 PM.

--
    Had a couple of 110's. Never seen a 110M though. The 110's are tough. I mean TOUGH. I had one as a kid and I abused the unholy hell out of it. It ran great when i sold it. When they're right, they make an amazing amount of power when you consider the diminutive size of the engine. Parts are still easy to come by and ENGINE parts should give you zero issues with the plethora of chinese copies of that engine on the market. You can buy a whole engine on ebay for $300 or so. I would NOT unless I had no other option. Chinese quality won't touch that Jap motor, ever. Besides, it would have to have significant damage to be un-repairable.

Do it! They are simple but stout little machines. They might not win you any rally races but they will get you just about anywhere you wanna go. The low/Hi range transmission is great. If you can keep the front end down, you'll be surprised what it'll pull in low range. In my early teens I had myself and three cousins on it doing laps around the yard one easter sunday.

*****Ahhh. I see you edited you're post. 125M makes sense. Still cannot go wrong. Great machine.*****
    Last edited by Gabriel; 09-06-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Yeah my memory ain't what it used to be. It is a 125M not a 110. And I have since found out that it does not have a carb or an exhaust pipe. Otherwise it needs a front fender, which is there but broken, and at least a cover for the seat. I can buy it for $100.00. I might still buy it and then look for the parts to restore it. What do you think? How hard would it be to find the pipe and carb? Thanks.

Happy motoring to you and your'n.

--
    By the way, slightly off topic, but I have a 1967 Honda Trail 90 that my late father bought used in about 1968 or 1969. He rode it off road for several years and made it known that he wanted my son to have it. Dad bought a Honda SL175 and rode it for several years after the Trail 90 and left it to my sister's son, his only other grandson. I would like to find a yellow Trail 90.

--
    You can try ebay I've seen them in there and carbs also. I would start there as in carb and exhaust and see how it runs.

--
    Are the 15-20 dollar knock-off carbs on Ebay any good? Are they all the same or are there sellers that I should avoid? I believe that I also need the manifold for the carb, but I see used ones on Ebay too. The exhaust I might can fabricate myself.

--
    I had some time over the weekend to think about it and decided the 125M is probably not the one for me. If someone were looking for a parts bike or maybe one to just get running and rideable it might be alright but I want one to restore. The missing exhaust pipe would double my investment and other parts needed would probably exceed the value of the machine pretty quickly.
    I will keep watching for another, or not.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thomc1 View Post
    The missing exhaust pipe would double my investment and other parts needed would probably exceed the value of the machine pretty quickly.
    Your in the wrong hobby then.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    ..... but I want one to restore. The missing exhaust pipe would double my investment and other parts needed would probably exceed the value of the machine pretty quickly.
    I will keep watching for another, or not.
    This is pretty much the case with restoring ANY trike. It's not very often in the current market that you can turn a profit out of your investment.

Most of us just ignore the money we're going to lose because we love these machines.

Anything outside of a few rare models and the 250 two stroke sport trikes and I can guarantee your investment will exceed your resale value in most cases UNLESS you find a pristine trike that needs very little hidden in some guys garage for the last 35yrs.... Yes, it does happen occasionally if you're patient and picky.

Recent example....
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 09-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.

--
    ...The engine is removed from the frame but it is all there. The tires are good and the plastic is in good shape...
    Sounds like a good start to me. I'd make a runner from it. A true restoration takes time, patience, and money that you may never see again, and a trike that you really don't want to ride. Hats off to those that do it, but i know i can't stay off of them for long i gotta ride it

Its how it goes, you buy one, and need parts so you buy another, then you get another model, repeat. Pretty soon you're getting your buddies to hold parts for you, the attic and every square inch of your shop is full of aluminum parts and red plastic, better hope a tornado doesn't hit or there's gonna be red plastic scattered for miles for all eternity then your wife catches you burying parts in the backyard or stringing trikes up in trees and you come home from work one day grab a cool one out the fridge, and your whole family is sitting in your living room telling you you have a problem, its either me or those three wheelers, yadda yadda yadda...

If you've ever said "oh i've had that one" you're probably doing it right
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I had not heard from the seller for a few days. When we talked last I told him that I would be out of town for a few days. He had forgotten how long I told him that I planned to be gone. I assumed that he had sold it while I was gone. When I got home I promptly started another project that I had on the back burner. It is a two-wheeler, a '76 Yamaha XT500 that I am converting into an observed trials bike. I might go look at the 125M in a couple of days , buy it and put it on the back burner while I finish the Yamaha. Then I can be watching for parts for the 125M. We'll see.
    If I don't buy this one I will continue to watch for another three-wheeler project.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //