//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ever change to Boyeson reeds and chase a WOT flutter?

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Today I took the day off just to have a nice 3 day weekend for my birthday on Sunday. I decided that today was a good day to drink and put the PWK on the Tri-Z... So I did... Both lol. I will first say this, putting everything together, finding things that work etc can be a colossal pain in the ass. I used a Blaster thumb Throttle bit had to cut part of it down in order to fit around the Z master cylinder. I do have a master cylinder for a Warrior that's actually in much better shape that would've given me more room but I'm missing the perch strap(go figure) also Warriors did not have TORS and they have a much cleaner thumb Throttle that appears to be nearly identical to the Blaster bit without the Boss for TORS.

MOVING ON! After getting the throttle thing figured out until I can do better anyway the carb is installed. I read and read and read until I was sick of reading and got the 39mm OWK from a sled because it's said that they handle the fuel pump of the Z and don't cause flooding issues at idle. I got a few main Jets and pilot Jets and have started with a 50 pilot, stock 180 main and a CEL needle as recommended by Raffa in another thread. Thanks for that Bryan Raffa! Initially it sounds great runs a ton better and I'm happy thus far. More tuning and I'm sure it'll be a beast!

--
    Unless you are at sea level, you will probably find yourself going down a few sizes on those jets and it will run even better.
    It sucks to get old

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm at 1100 feet roughly.

--

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Jetting

I run a 150 low speed (Idle Jet), 162 Main and a CEL Or a CEJ needle clip center with all 39 PWK's I own, so be ready to change the main jet. Let us know how it turns out!

--
    So far it runs hard on tht big end, no stutters or anything. I haven't had the chance to really test it and play with jetting but so far I'm impressed. It's already doing things it wouldn't do before. Just for example part throttle 3rd gear wheelies.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    How is it Now Fangs?

--
    I think it's a little fat in the mid throttle range but it cleans up pretty good on tht big end. I may go down one jet on the main and check it, then move the needle. I've just had other stuff going on and haven't had time to mess with it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw #24 View Post
    How is it Now Fangs?
    I also want to add that I'm not in a huge hurry For tuning because as soon as some pending money clears I'm having Rich build a pipe for it.

--
    So the new Dynoport is on, runs good overall. Back to fighting a flutter at WOT but it seems like if you run it hard enough long enough it tries to clear up. IDK, I ordered smaller Jets again.

--
    Nobody has ever had this? It's incredibly frustrating!!

--
    Sounds like it won't feed enough fuel at top and that can be either the float won't keep up with the demand or maybe the fuel pump isn't keeping up with the demand. Maybe a bit high on the main jet and needle is for mid range. If you run half throttle and it stutters then raise the clip 1 spot at a time until it clears up. If it stutters at WOT then go down 1 at a time on the main until that stops. Did you by chance bore out the restrictor Tee that goes back to the tank from the fuel pump? If it has been bored out then get a new 1 cause that is for running at idle so it won't over pressurize the fuel system. That restrictor is a relief valve basically. Let us know. sounds like you are close!

--
    I've never touched the T, the PWK that I run is from a sled and Polaristech said the inlet needle in those is designed to run with a fuel pump. It runs great mid range with the CEL needle one clip leaner then the middle. As for the Top end stutter I just can't figure it out. I'm down to a 170 main jet and I hear it ping at WOT. I'm scared it's lean. This is also with 32:1 mix 112 so it's not crappy fuel causing the ping. I have leaner Jets coming but I'm almost afraid to try them.. when you pin this thing it flutters for a second or two then clears right before it's time to shift. As soon as you shift and load the engine it flutters again and then clears out. Does this from about 2nd gear on. Keep in mind I keep the throttle pinned, I don't lift and shift so it's not like I'm physically changing the throttle position on the carb. Thanks Outlaw, I'll check the float level really good. I'll crap if this is all over something stupid like that. I've been racking my brain!

--
    I'm sorry, 175 main is where I am now, I have a 170 and 165 on the way. Also, if it were running out of fuel why wouldn't it just big at WOT?

--
    Ok try this! Don't Change the jet to a lower one if it is pinging. May want to go back to the previous jet. But most people run the fuel line directly to the Carb. Take the fuel line and rap a loop in it going to the carb. And make sure the float is set correctly. I can pin mine during a race or in the trails for about 4th or 5th gear then all hell is going on. So unless you are drag racing I don't think it would be pinned for very long. I don't have much experience with Tri Z's but that fuel system in and of itself is a restriction so I know some of the guys get rid of the 2nd shut off. Make sure the Tee is not been drilled out too, that is a pressure relief valve and lets fuel go back to the tank so it doesn't over pressurize the system. The only reason they run a pump is because the tank is lower than the Carb. That is why the racers all want the tank over the engine. I am sure if I am wrong 1 of the Yamaha Guys will surely pipe in. So Check restrictor, Float, Loop fuel line and maybe remove the 2nd shut off! let us know

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //