//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Mailman delivered my new 200x “motor” today

--
    Keep your ankle out of that meat grinder.

To repeat myself from YouTube, it sounds like an RC car almost.

I'm blown away and I hope to run into you someday and talk you into letting me ride it ... that thing is pretty cool

They could have an electric class next year at pine lake

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I’m sure to run into you sooner or later chop, RC car yes it does exactly. It does need a front sprocket cover thanks for pointing that out, excited to get it moving I wasn’t even thinking, that will be my next task.

If we are ever at trikefest at the same time stop over for a ride. This build has definetly been a learning experience for sure.... still learning actually.

Shep

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    That was the best 1:24 of my life!

Nice work.....just don't try to cross any creeks.

This thing needs a name;
    Electri-X
    DC
    Charger
    ReVolt
    Amplifier
    Shocker

--
    Arky-x a little woods video for ya. No go pro but a little elec tape and iPhone to the light guard is what I got. I bumped the power up to 85% I still haven’t held it wide open yet. There’s a couple nice straightaways way further out on the trail (next time)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtd_AJV5X0

Shep

--
    So what kind of investment are we talking about to replicate one of these?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Well, not adding up any Honda parts-
    Roughly
    $250-ish on the motor
    $150-ish motor controller
    $150-ish on misc wiring stuff- like the main breaker I used was $40 but there’s much cheaper ones out there
    $700-for the 60v 25ah batt-a good one, there is cheap Chinese cell batteries for much cheaper(not recommended)
    I’ve probably got another $50 spent at ace hardware for stainless nutz/bolts

I’ve got a couple different lcd amp/volt displays, haven’t decided on which yet maybe $20 each
    Oh/ just bought a $25 60-72v to 12v converter/regulator for lights and stuff

That about sums it up chop. I could of done it for cheaper but I aimed for better quality items.

Having most of the 200x parts already made it easier on my wallet.
    No regrets at all,(it’s a fun bike so far) bought the electrical items throughout the past yr so it wasn’t bad.

Theres a few good motor upgrades too for reasonable money. (Same motor mounts)

Think that’s about it. No I don’t wanna add it up

Shep
    Oh wait another $45 at PBI sprockets tonight 34t sprocket, letting go of some torque for a touch more speed.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 08-19-2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Changed an error

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    PowerWheels on steroids!

--
    Upgrade time, I almost hit the buy it now for fenders but instead opted for a 2200w motor.
    It has about a 1000rpm more and 25-30% more torque and the same motor mounts
    This electric power is addicting.
    And the motor itself basically looks the same (don’t need to tell the wife)

Shep
    Yup chop another $300
    Just looking for the right speed/power combination.

--
    Keep it up. The ShepTeslaX
    Love it.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    You need to get a video of some one else riding it. I’m interested in this project
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I’ll get a vid of my son on it this wk end/ supposed to be cooler, less buggy. There is a section (hill climb)45* degree that shouldn’t be too bad (grown in) haven’t ridden much this summer so shrubs/branches are taking over. That’ll be a good test for it too.

It’s been in the back of my truck all week/ must of gotten a dozen guys asking “what the hell is that”

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 09-04-2019 at 03:06 PM.

--
    The mailman came today (motor) This motor pulls a few more amps soooo I’ve got a more powerful controller coming too. (Still on the boat).

The new controller is good for 80a instead of 40a and will work upto a 3000w motor so I’ve got some wiggle room.
    Same design controller just more powerful.

Just gotta say I’ve bought a few things through AliExpress (China eBay) this past yr it doesn’t except paypal but all you have to do is contact the seller to send you a paypal receipt (request). I would have gladly bought American made but “we” don’t make anything anymore.......it’s kind of sad actually.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65150261-368B-4474-8A25-F4B10617F7AC.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	259874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65DB0168-D264-47CD-9073-1029E9E6CA66.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	259875

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 09-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Keep it up. The ShepTeslaX
    Love it.
    Ha! Nikola Shepla rides again.

I need need to read this entire thread start to finish. Has to be one of the most innovative projects ever posted on here.
    It sucks to get old

--
    It a very odd feeling to not have to mess with carbs, fuel, or oil.
    Original motor the company “says” it will push/pull up to 2200 lbs
    This new one they say should push/pull over 3500 lbs
    I’m WELL under that
    I had about a half hour run last week with the orig. motor and after the battery sat for a few mins it only used about 1 volt in that ride.
    Now just need time to swap motors and hopefully the new controller will be here by the wkend

Shep
    Sorry to hear about your meltdown EL. I do like the see through carb bowl on that fancy carb u have.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 09-04-2019 at 03:57 PM.

--
    A 0.1hp electric motor can push 3500lbs with the right gearing just it's super slow (hp = work over time), a better spec is torque or hp rating, or even watts (you can convert watts to hp). To get the gearing right rpm + torque vs take off speed and max speed, but that can all be done with sprocket swaps. This reminds me of a 4x4 mud pickup truck with a 5hp brigs engine, it's not fast but for slow speeds it does fine.

Not sure what your working voltage is for the 80amp spec, but going off the max the controller can handle, 3000w = 4hp so the trike probably won't have a 50mph top speed or anything close like that.

Scrolling up I see you have 60v worth of batteries, so 80 * 60 = 4800w, but I see another post you say the motor is 2200w? I see you mention AliExpress, so maybe that's where you bought the electric motors, China made stuff is horrible at giving proper specs that make sense, half the time they are over stated to unrealistic numbers.

Just saw the short ride video, looks like it's geared pretty well for woods riding and such, what do you think the top speed is? I'd guess around 15mph on flat ground?

Either case, looks like a fun machine. Bet a lot of people would love something like that for hunting. Besides checking the battery pack's voltage, don't forget to check each individual battery or cell, over time with repeated recharges some batteries will charge easier than others, so when you hit the max voltage, some batteries could still be discharged some while others are overcharged. This is atleast coming from a Lithium Ion viewpoint, lead acid gets harder to charge as it's voltage increases, so it partly keeps balanced fairly well on it's own.

I suspect costs go up fast if you try to get to 10hp+ motors and the fact the batteries won't last too long under heavy use.

Just for some fun math, 60v 24ah rated batteries with a 2200w electric motor should be around 39 minutes of run time at 100% power solid on. If you double the motor size, you cut the run time in half.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //