//ArrowChat Code
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Mailman delivered my new 200x “motor” today

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You build some really nice stuff Shep!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Nice work Shep. I love the sprocket guard & faux engine cylinder.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Wow, Outstanding build, Thank you for sharing it.

Q. How long run time do you get on a charge?
    Q. do you have a reserve programmed in to get you back to camp?

Its the future, not that I want to admit it.
    MrC.
    Runtime- I have no idea/ doing the math “if” full throttle at max amps I think it was 45mins if I recall correctly. But cruising and the occasional hill maybe double that? To put it this way the last time I fully charged the battery was last November. There’s just under 11 miles (lots of hills) reading on the controller app display with still a 71% charge left.
    Yes there’s a setting that’ll kill it at say 50% battery then in the display app u change that setting for power for the trip home. It has a battery save function too, haven’t tried it (probably just limits the amp output for a longer runtime. I’ve got it’s power limited to 80% and it’s plenty for me.
    I’m still learning about it too. The battery would easily fit in a backpack and it’s light enough so I suppose a spare battery could easily be brought along (pricey batteries though).
    Its kinda cool to go outside- just turn on two switches an go for a ride (won’t wake up any neighbors either).
    It’s no speed demon but it’ll power up anything I’ve tried and there’s some rather steep hills here.

One of these days I’ll bring it to “dirtcrashers” so he can try it out. Not sure if he can handle the power though
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-26-2020 at 07:56 AM.

--
    Wounder How hard it would be to put a tranny in there so you could get some more speed with the power ? Or do a cvt setup like Polaris
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Wounder How hard it would be to put a tranny in there so you could get some more speed with the power ? Or do a cvt setup like Polaris
    I know there’s an electric dirt bike out there (can’t remember the name at the moment) that has a nice elec motor/batt/controller and has a transmission- the transmission was way too costly for me, and the bikes were too new to find any used setups.
    But yes a tranny would be nice......even a two speed one - maybe some day
    Last edited by Shep1970; 04-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.

--
    great work Shep!!!!!

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Ok shep any more up dates on this ? We were just talking about this weekend
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    No regrets at all on this project, I bet we have put 25-30 ride hours on it (i guess thats not much) but its hard to explain like when my kids were younger and had the powerwheels bikes me as a dad wanted a full size version to cruise with them. And now i/we have one but the kids are grown up. So i guess moving forward hopefully a few yrs from now my kids "when" they are dads can say HEY i/they do have one i can ride. Hard to put this in words if you've never been a dad.

So basically all our bikes have sadly been parked for i bet over two yrs, the electric bike was put away last but you know how slowly things gather in front so stuff slowly gets put to the back of the garage.

We purchased 4 honda groms mid covid so they've been our goto bikes ever since. I've been meaning to take updated/finished pics for over a year now but life gets in the way but definitely will soon.

oldest son AJ is trying to climb the $ ladder at work (21 yrs old)
    youngest Jake is in college (19 yrs old) currently working at disney for a semester

So me as a dad is kinda in limbo at the moment, hobby/ Atc stuff is on the back burner For now.....

Hope all is well, ya i probably wrote too much and may not make sense to some. All is great, just a bit different around here.

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 07-02-2023 at 07:16 PM.

--
    ^ I'm right with ya buddy, probably haven't rode in 2 years. My plastics have powder coating powder overspray on them, chrome durablue's getting rust spots, tires losing air, gas is bad and so on. I Had to renovate 3 apartments that needed de-leading and tons of work, stripped and replaced a 15sq roof by myself, built a new shop, began working on my long driveway that's been mud for 10 years. It's hard to enjoy myself when I've got crap all over the yard and projects to complete surrounding me. Unfortunately age keeps going on and the eyes get worse, it's depressing at best. Love ya man, see you sometime soon...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //