//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Found the Trike I learned to ride on when I was younger !

--

Found the Trike I learned to ride on when I was younger !

So I found the trike that my grandpa used to own. It is a 1984 honda 200 big red. This is Three Wheeler I learned to ride on. My grandfather sold in back in the early 90s in order to get a four wheeler. My father told the guy that owned it that I was getting into three wheelers and he offered to sell it to me for 300.00. First of all I just recently found out where it was and second of all I never thought he would sell it cause he likes to keep what he has like a lot of us in these forums 😀. Over the phone he told me it was a good runner but needed a gas tank. For 300.00 I figured it had sat outside for the last 25 years but I was impressed the shape it was in. I am going to try and pick it up tommorow after I get home from work. Below is the picture I took of it while I was there. Needless to say I am more then a little excited I found my grandfathers old three wheeer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B58BA347-A6D7-47CF-82BA-0C69252C2F04.jpeg  

--
    Very cool story and history of your Big Red.

Looks still to be in very good condition. I feel your excitement.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Awesome story - a new gas tank and a little detailing and that Big Red will shine. Will be a nice trike with family ties that goes right back to the beginning. We await for more pics when you get it home. Enjoy the ride.
    Presently own:
    1986 Honda atc350X
    1985 Honda atc250r
    1984 Honda 200es Big Red
    1983 Honda atc185s
    1985 Honda atc70
    1975 Honda Z50 mini bike
    OEM Hondaline Utility Trailer (mint condition - as new)
    1989 Honda FL400R Pilot - newly acquired.
    1968 Corvette L36 427/390HP convertible

--
    Thanks! I will definitely start putting pictures up. For the gas tank I have a few questions.

1. The one I have is a 1984 200es. Are the other 1984 200 series (I.E. the 200m and 200s ) the same tank? Or are they shapped differently ? I tried looking at the differant models on-line and couldn’t tell. I am starting to think finding a tank in decent shape may require patience 😕.

2. Where can I get a graphics kit for it? I have been looking on-line and can’t seem to find one. I am hoping there is a place that still has these.

Thank you for your time.

--
    Not sure if the tanks are the same between models but here's some info on the decals... http://forums.justbigreds.com/post/f...pid=1305339785

--
    That’s what I was looking for. Thank you. I am going to do the basics with oil and carberator tomorrow evening and see if it fires up! Work keeps getting in the way of me working in it. Need to get my priorities straight and quit my job ��

--
    Would bet 200m is identical.. 200s might be smaller? But the 200s looks more the part with the blue decals.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tblazier/16308964498

83 big red, 84/85 200m for sure .. lots of those sold though , so probably not the worst bike to find parts for..

--
    That's awesome!!

So many of us want back what we once learned on or had owned, and that's a needle in a haystack!!

When I learned at 13 y.o. I had a 1973 XR75. WOW, what it was like to ride that on my Grandpa's farm and it was parallel to the road so I thought I was showing everyone how much fun I was having and how fast it was
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Just thought I would pass this along - someone parting out a '84 200es - here in Canada. Gas tank might be good.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/edmonton...4218062?enable

--
    Sweet. Thanks for the link. It is really appricated. I have not found much of anything yet. I sent them a message.

--
    I think there's a company named blue line graphics. I hope that name is right. From what I saw there graphics look nice! Atc heaven is good to

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach-10 View Post
    Sweet. Thanks for the link. It is really appricated. I have not found much of anything yet. I sent them a message.
    Yeah Kijiji is pretty much best place... check out southern ontario if your in PA,''

This dude says tanks ~$175 CAD:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/st-catha...ationFlag=true

Not a tank, but just saw this: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv-parts-tr...ationFlag=true.

Not sure I'd pay that for it..

--
    Thanks again for the links. The first one you sent they never responded after I sent them a message.

I think 175 CAD is about 135 US? I will send them a message and see what they have.

The cart is really neat but I am with you, I don’t think I would pay that much for it.

--
    Thanks again for the links. The first one you sent they never responded after I sent them a message.

I think 175 CAD is about 135 US? I will send them a message and see what they have.

The cart is really neat but I am with you, I don’t think I would pay that much for it.
    There's a 200m tank in one of the pics.. Buy it now before the border is shut down.

I'd say put a 200x tank on.. the air scoops deflect air down for easier wheelies

--

Yeah trailer is neat - saw them in the brochures way back in the day. Kinda cool. Most people in our area just had homemade jobbies that were pretty stout.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //