//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 200X kickstater question

Leevvii is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

84 200X kickstater question

84 200X kickstarter RETAINER, STARTER SPRING-28263-437-000, has a small raised lip on one side. Can someone tell me does this retainer, go lip towards the kicker side or lip towards the gear?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180913_182123-SML.jpg   IMG_20180913_182139-SML.jpg  
    Last edited by Leevvii; 09-13-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    n

--
    That's the washer for the torsion/return spring correct?? You should be able to see some wear marks on that where the spring rides on it.

I don't have it in front of me, but the "lip" /step must serve a purpose.

Probably the step is towards the spring and should line up and also have some marks on it because that spring sort of floats around in there...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Leevvii is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thanks dirtcrasher, it was the washer for the torsion/return spring [ i replaced the part, hence , no wear marks] I checked the old one and the wear marks suggested the lip goes towards the gear. I was using the honda workshop manual, but there was no mention of this, but i checked the clymer manual and it confirmed it. Thanks for the help.

from clymer manual :-
    "Install the guide plate with the inner raised section on first, towards the kickstarter gear"
    n

--
    Great! Glad you figured it out... I noticed no one had answered so I gave it my best
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //