//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC200 carb...My wits end.

--

ATC200 carb...My wits end.

I'm pretty much at the end of what I know to do here. I thought I had this fixed but I I haven't had time to do a real ride test. Once it got good & hot and I run the fire out of it, she went right back to the same old crap.

It's a rebuilt motor and the motor is right. Timing and valves have been checked multiple times.
    It starts first pull and the motor is STRONG.

It will idle all day long. If you gently roll the throttle it will wind out great. If you mash it wide open too quickly....wuuuuuuhhhh, dies.

It's an aftermarket carb. I have torn it apart, set the floats and replaced the guts with Shindy parts. It has a number 35 needle jet and a 38 slow jet. I have put the needle at all positions with a warm motor. No change. It fouls plugs pretty bad too. Been through three in less than 20 hours. They are covered in black soot so obviously it's WAY too rich.

Only thing I can think of is trying to find a different jet. What number should I try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Also, will this jet kit work?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...PVIF1NYU&psc=1

The jet numbers have a 1 in front of them. Not sure why. I'm hoping the "135" jet is the same as a 35 jet, and so on.

--
    Sounds rich as hell... I do not have good luck with those knockoffs.

Maybe try a CRF carb from a Honda...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Where are you guys buying OEM Honda carburetors? Ebay and amazon are eat up with knock offs. Might near impossible to KNOW even when they state OEM.

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Soundd like it's it's stupid rich on the main. Pull the intake tube off and see if it gets any better, that should lean it out some and if it does you'll know you need to go down a few sizes on the main jet.
    As far as finding carbs I've always bought from eBay. Usually you can find decent used factory carbs that are rebuildable. I've bought 2 Keihins from eBay.

--
    Do you have access to the for sale section? Would be best to get a OEM carb and put the shindy kit in it. EBAY or local market place.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I had the same issues with my 200 a few years ago. The guy I bought it from had put a "new" carb on it which was just one of those chinese knockoffs. I couldn't get that machine to run right to save my life. Luckily he had given me the stocker when I bought the machine. I tore the original apart and bought a shindy kit for it. I've personally always had good luck with that brand of kit. The trike ran amazing with the stock carb. I would try and find a used carb and rebuild it.

--
    keihin main jet should be 98
    one cylinder is not enough!!

--
    Book says 95 for '83 atc 200.
    Is the 98 bigger or smaller?
    Lord knows i dont need bigger.
    I am going to pull the air box and run it totally unfiltered and see if that leans it out enough to run right. If so, thatll tell me where to go i suppose.

--
    I recently had a similar problem. I could not get aftermarket carb to run correctly. I think the same problem. I'd smash throttle ar idle and it would die. Long story short I put original carb on after a good cleaning and problem was solved. I was concerned with the bowl vent hole. It's the hole right above choke lever. It wasn't vented properly compared to original. I'm a newbie but it was suggested that would be an issue. Here's my original thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...985-Honda-200S
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    I just realized you helped me on my thread. I guess it's a Monday. ��
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    HA!! That's great.

Glad your issues are solved. Wish mine were.

They are somewhat better but I don't like it. I removed the airbox completely and am running only an aftermarket clamp on cone shaped filter. Rich condition is over. New plug and did a wide open throttle test on the new plug. It's brown. Still a little less than perfect but I can live with it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //