//ArrowChat Code

Thread: E frame, S motor

--

E frame, S motor

Anyone know if an 85 200s motor will work on a 83 E frame? I hate to start turning wrenches only to find out the hard way. I'm sure it'll bolt up but I wonder about the chain lining up.

The E frame is good after I sandblast it and paint it, but the engine has sat outside uncovered for the last 15+ years. I went to take the carb off and literally PULLED it off the engine. The inside of the carb was pure white powder. Totally disintegrated. Broke the drain plug clean off and a good gallon of water came out. It's beyond repair.

With the loose parts I have, I could come close to cobbling together something ridable. Might look weird though with the two notches in the frame for the starter and subtranny.

Thanks!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I'll say that I think they should be the same. If you have the two engines, and it sounds like you do, you measure the distance between the sprocket and the spot on the engine where the spacer for the rear, lower motor mount goes. If they are the same distance, the it will work.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //