//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Three wheeler magazines

--

Three wheeler magazines

So I thought it would be interesting to read over some old three wheeler magazines. I did a search on it and there are several things that pop up. First thing I came across is a thread on here :

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=Magazines

Next there are several pages of the old three wheeler world website that talks about magazines / magazine covers. But there isn’t much there.

There were other old three wheeler websites but none of the links work.

There are several other threads on here where people talk about magazine collections but the threads die out rather fast.

Then there is eBay 🙁. Anywhere from 30.00 to hundreds of dollars for magazines.

Does anyone know of anywhere that there is a bunch of these magazines digitally? I think it would be very interestling to look through them and read a lot of articles.

If there isn’t, then maybe this is something 3ww needs to look into. Maybe do some sort of fund raiser at a trikefest to raise money to take on this project. It would be a shame to loose all that information.

--
    Probably a copyright issue in digitizing and sharing such things.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I know that Dirtwheels went through a fire in their offices back in the day and lost the entire backlog. As a vendor they publish to stay afloat these days. If given permission and all publish author dates forwarded in purpose to share info could be done. It's a great idea to create a liabray via members to make 3WW the official goto site. A tremendous amount of work and group effort would also be needed besides all the old hard copie mags to scan. I'd love to read that old stuff too

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    I know that Dirtwheels went through a fire in their offices back in the day and lost the entire backlog. As a vendor they publish to stay afloat these days. If given permission and all publish author dates forwarded in purpose to share info could be done. It's a great idea to create a liabray via members to make 3WW the official goto site. A tremendous amount of work and group effort would also be needed besides all the old hard copie mags to scan. I'd love to read that old stuff too

I would be willing to do some of the leg work. However , I do not have a leg to stand on here since I am just a newbie and I would what to get permission from the website admin before I would just go and start contacting individuals on behalf of 3WW. And like you said it would need to be a group effort and if there is no interest in doing it there would be no point of starting. I also have no access to any old magazines. I have done copy right requests before during graduate school and it was not too hard. Hardest thing is getting in contact with right people.

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The old articles are great!!! I'm sure between all the people on this site and Facebook we could get the magazines. It comes down to what you said about copyrights. I have a bunch of the old 3 Wheeler, dirt wheels and atv news, some are missing pages but most are intact. If you can get the OK to publish it I think it wouldn't take long to scan the magazines.

--
    We would not be publishing anything...simply a library of historical info for the sole purpose to save and share information. The admins would need to open a Library section with possible subsections to focus on topics. A simple phone call to Dirtwheels might be enough to get a feel from them as to their thoughts. Open member input to the Library could come with certain rules to follow like showing the artical date, mag issue copy date and authors like writing a final paper for school a simple reference.

--
    3 & 4 Wheel Racing From The Bench . facebook site and do a search on that site for bryan raffa. he scanned in dozens of magazines

--
    and type a search on that "3 &4 wheel racing from the bench" facebook page for ( 3&4 wheel action , and 3 wheeling)

--
    I have a stash that I'd let anyone scan and reproduce.

Just pretend your a Democrat and redact all the parts that would get you in trouble...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    I have a "Small" collection of old mags and papers. I had 3/4 of them scanned into pdf files and then suffered a HD crash that wiped most all of the scans out. I probably had 75-80 scanned, It took me about a hour to 1 1/2 hours per mag. After that much work went poof in seconds I never got the desire to scan them again.

As far as making a archive. The mags would take up a bunch of space, and then the downloads ( bandwidth ) would be quite taxing on our current site package we have. I think it would be do-able, but costly. IMO
    Howdy

MotorCity is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Love the old 3 wheeler mags. Was always part of my read on the way home from high school. Dirt Bike, Motorcross action, Crash and burn, minicycle/BMX action, and the 3 wheeling mags, thats all I used to read.

--
    I enjoyed the ads and the pictures were out of this world quite often. Back then the ad was about all you got and you had to wait a month to see if the ad was different. Yeah you could call for a catalog but that left alot to thei imagination still after it arrived. No way kid could afford it so lot of imagination and dreams.
    It was great being a kid in the 80's. You could just imagine riding than new ATC or KTM until you fell asleep.
    Its a total shame the 3 wheeled industry was obliverated.
    Very high quality machines and i miss that still.
    It would be quite awesome to read that stuff again someday.
    Last edited by fieldy; 10-02-2018 at 10:32 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    I have a "Small" collection of old mags and papers. I had 3/4 of them scanned into pdf files and then suffered a HD crash that wiped most all of the scans out. I probably had 75-80 scanned, It took me about a hour to 1 1/2 hours per mag. After that much work went poof in seconds I never got the desire to scan them again.

As far as making a archive. The mags would take up a bunch of space, and then the downloads ( bandwidth ) would be quite taxing on our current site package we have. I think it would be do-able, but costly. IMO
    Howdy
    Ouch! That’s a lot of time down the drain ��.

Anyone know who I should be talking to from 3ww in order to see if this is something they would want to look into ? Like you said the size and how taxing it would be on the sight, it may not be somthing they are interested into doing. If I can speak with them, I would be willing to try and do some research on the copy right info.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach-10 View Post
    Ouch! That’s a lot of time down the drain ��.

Anyone know who I should be talking to from 3ww in order to see if this is something they would want to look into ? Like you said the size and how taxing it would be on the sight, it may not be somthing they are interested into doing. If I can speak with them, I would be willing to try and do some research on the copy right info.
    Billy and me would be the main 2 people.
    Howdy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    Billy and me would be the main 2 people.
    Howdy
    I sent you a message Howdy.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //