//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Loose Fillings AKA The Goblin

--
    That would work perfect. Sealing them is easy......Use a tube! LOL!!!! Just gotta be mindful not to pinch it when assembling the two halves.

PM inbound.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    So far..'83 200E frame painted USMC green. 84 200ES front end converted to rigid. No idea what the 2 piece wheel I got from ps2fixer but it worked PERFECT after I made some new spacers. Front brakes deleted, brakes are for wimps. '82 ATC200 rear with Kawasaki KLT185 hubs and 10 inch wheels. Wheels are nasty, I'm waiting on new rubber before I strip and paint them. Klt185 handle bars, twist throttle. 9 inch LED light bar.

I haven't decided if I like the 22x11.00-8 front tire.....but it's brand new and my distributor gave it to me for free so it stays. LOL!!

On a side note; The KLT had brand new rear brakes. I found they pretty much fit the Honda rear set up. I had to shave .020 of the edge to make them move freely on the round boss they sit on but other than that, they worked perfect. BONUS!

Never mind those red bolts on the handlebar mounts. They're from another project and I haven't stripped and repainted them yet. They sure stick out like a sore thumb and I'm red/green colorblind. HaHa.

THE GOBLIN IS A ROLLER NOW!

Last edited by Gabriel; 11-20-2018 at 05:25 PM.

--
    Nice work, that front rim turned out really nice. While doing my wiring research on 200s and such machines, I was able to determin that the rim is either a 82 or 83 atc185s, tail light connectors were missing so couldn't ID it further.

Yea those red bolts stick out pretty good, first things my eyes were drawn to lol. It's quite a lot brighter of a color though. The frame green color reminds me of a glossy/metalic finish version of a military vehicle (normally they are flat finish for the camo effect).

--
    That's EXACTLY what that paint was made for. I had an M151A2 years ago. The paint is from RAPCO that specializes in military vehicle restoration. The M151 known to service members as the Mutt, is what replaced the Jeep.

--
    Ahh I see, I was kind of guessing that but you confirmed it lol. There was another build I've seen in the past that was army themed if I remember right, like a 125m if I remember right. I can't find the thread again sadly, I remembered it had the white star either on the fenders or gas tank.

--
    Started the dashboard today.

A generic electronic 'Project Box' will bolt up to the two screws in the handle bar clamps where the plastic Honda cover went. It will house my Head light switch, a neutral indicator light and an ignition switch on the side. The switch is an MTD style riding mower switch. It will be a turn key start instead of the traditional push button start.

These things are cheap and LOTS of different sizes.

Ps2fixer has helped me sort out the wiring details.
    It will act as the junction box for the front of the wiring harness just like the factory headlight bucket.

Last edited by Gabriel; 11-21-2018 at 05:31 PM.

--
    Well I'd say you wouldn't have to worry about anyone trying to steal your machine once it's all mounted up. It looks about like a homemade bomb lol. Should go good with the army green theme.

Mind showing the inside of the box and show the switch/light connection/wires? I'm guessing the plan is to run the wire out the back side of the box, or the bottom.

Not that it effects you much, but I think the neutral light is red, typically it's green, but it adds to the "bomb" effect lol.

--
    When I start making the wires up I will post pics.

The red is all they had at my local store. I might add another green one and make it the neutral and use the red as a "Power On" light. That's dumb and superfluous but I'm just an Ahole like that. LOL!!!

Also, I am considering adding an hour meter from a lawn mower IF I can make the room. It'll be for a completely rebuilt engine. Might be a nice thing to have. OR, I'm digging around the china crap and maybe I'll find a small digital tachometer that suits me Who knows.

Hmmm, running with the 'Bomb Theme' maybe I will make a 'Power On' light and label the light "System Armed". HA!!!!!

--
    Just need some danger stickers for the box too lol. Something like below. Could put warning/danger bomb stickers/signs on it, but not sure if there would be any legal issues of falsely labeling something that way. Just a generic warning sign should be good enough, or one of them warning signs about 3 wheelers jumping on people lol.

If you got an hour meter, you could label it something like Timer, or Countdown (even though it counts up). I'd think there would be plenty of room on the side of the box opposite to the key, but you don't get to read it while riding. Sounds like inside that box is going to be a bit of a mess of wiring.

--
    Got the control box almost done. Waiting on my chinese tachometer that will mount on top. Haven't decided to keep the labels yet or not.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I like it! Nice job so far!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Finally back on this.

Made a new battery box. It's canted and will be used with a sealed battery. There were a lot of F'd up things on this frame I have had to fix and a few things I have changed just because I wanted to. I still need to make a battery hold down and place the regulator and solenoid to the left of the battery there on the flat of the angle iron I have welded in place.

ALSO
    As you can see, I also replaced those dry rotted junkers on the back with a pair of Carlisle turf savers. 22x11x10's Not only were they brand new and free, they serve this trikes purpose. I will be building a custom 1.5" exhaust with possibly two mufflers. I'd like to use a round tractor muffler along the frame, exit the rear and turn 90 degrees into a small square muffler I found on ebay, then another 90 degree elbow to exit the rear. Both mufflers are made for 4 cylinder engines so I don't think there will be any back pressure issues at all. The idea is to get the engine as quiet as possible. The reason being, along with the decision for the turf saver tires....this will be a suburban stealth trike. Straight pipes and mud grip tires are not great choices when sneaking around the neighborhood and crossing the neighbors yard while they're at work.

The Goblin will be a silent, sneaky bastage. Muhahahaha!!!

I still have some other rust issues to address then it gets repainted. I only painted the first time to stop any more rust while it sits under the gazebo.

--
    Looks low for a battery with all the mud and water elements. I know my KFX450R had its battery low and it caused me some issued getting corroded and a stick or two bashing it.

--
    Yes I considered that but this is a purpose built trike with one mission statement in mind: Suburban Trail Blazin'
    Paved side streets. Flat, well manicured lawns. Mud would be nigh zero as any trip through mud might give away the fact that I've been riding around the neighborhood when that's a no-no here in city limits. Suburbia Infernos Tormentous ......Close housing hell.

--
    Another thing that would be worth double checking. Does the lead acid battery say it can be mounted at any angle? I think they still need to be mounted level, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //