//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Kinda Annoyed, Need Names and OIL

--

Kinda Annoyed, Need Names and OIL

Hello everyone. Im having a small issue. My stepfather got ahold of my three wheeler. Broke the chain and the drive sprocket. Dont ask. Hes just that good. So right now Im looking for a part name to order a new one. I can find the sprocket but the retainer to hold it on I cant find. Does anyone know what to call the part that holds the drive sprocket on the engine with three bolts? Im feeling kinda dumb. Also I just took a look at the top of the engine and I dont think its getting any oil. There is slight blueing on the cam and its bone dry up top even after running the engine. Its a 185s engine no mods. I can see how the oil gets to it but I cant see any oil in the engine. Looked at the manual and it comes in the back end of the cam but still no oil. Any suggestions on how to fix this? or suggestions? Ideas?

--
    Here’s the retainer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23802-958-0...ss!70458!US!-1

As far as oil not getting to the head you may need to take off the clutch side cover and clean out your oil rotor and ensure that all of your oil passages up to the head are free from obstructions.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    yaegerb I removed the valve cover from the top of the motor and found a little rubber plug under the back end of the cam in the head of the engine. Where the oil comes up from the engine case. Any idea what that does? Looks like some sorta check valve of some sort. I can see where the oil gets to the cam but this is a secondary thing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Illcochy22 View Post
    yaegerb I removed the valve cover from the top of the motor and found a little rubber plug under the back end of the cam in the head of the engine. Where the oil comes up from the engine case. Any idea what that does? Looks like some sorta check valve of some sort. I can see where the oil gets to the cam but this is a secondary thing.
    When they drill that cam oil passage in the head at the factory, they have to come in from two separate directions to make that right-angled passageway to the back end of the cam. The rubber plug seals off the unnecessary part of the passage so that the oil makes a right hand turn there instead and goes to the back of the cam. Make sure you put the plug back in when you reinstall.

It also makes it easier to clean your oil passages

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    It may sound kind of dumb, but check to make sure that there actually is enough oil in your engine.

--

--
    Find every oil filter and screen on the engine and make sure its new, or clean.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //