//ArrowChat Code

Thread: xr 200 cam question

--

xr 200 cam question

hi all i have an 82 atc200a which i put a 65.5mm big bore in high flow exhaust, 30 mill carb. looking to port and polish the head and put in an xr 200 cam. my problem lies in the fact that the closest honda dealer is 2.5 hours and closes before i get off work and doesn't open until after i start work. ordering one online to canada is more expensive that is worth my while. that all being said i am a power sports tech and i can get an xr200 hot cam through my shop for a good price. has any one ever tried this? will the performance hot cam for an xr 200 be too much seeings how the stock xr 200 cam is basically a performance cam for a 200x. also when i have the head off im going to play with gasket sizes to get ideal compression ratio. i found on one page some one was saying 12.5:1 is idea would love some input on that.

--
    12.5:1 and you must run at least 108 octane. Why are you using a 30mil carb? 26mm is all you will ever need. Contact Webcamshafts and get their 389a grind. It’s good all around power.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    yeagerb thanks for the info. i am running a 30 mil carb because through the research i did thats what i came up with as the xr200 carb i will order up a 26 mil then. thanks for the info on the cam. if i wanted to run 91 as that is the highest pump gas around me and i dont want to get into race fuel what would you recommend for comp ratio. once again really appreciate the info.

--
    Wiseco sells this kit that will get you going on 91 octane.

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail....85&AppID=25405

If you type in that model number on ebay you can probably find it cheaper.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    10.5:1 would be as high as I would want to go. Sometimes with really wild cams that have a lot of overlap you can get by with higher compression ratios.

--
    thanks for the info guys. i think im going to set the ratio at 10.5:1 and try and get my hands on 389a, already ordered a 26mil carb.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //