//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘82 250R-put away wet

--

It sure does say 82 Atc 250 on back. Maybe it’s correct and I’m missing something but it is obviously longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Weird on the seat, I googled some images of the 82 atc250r and both styles came up. I'm guessing the long style like the new one you got is actually for an 83-84 since it seems like the seat doesn't fit quite right. The blue doesn't look half bad on the 81-82 machines though.

--
    Hi flight seat foam vs stock.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151030_183118.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	847.7 KB 
ID:	256787
    Trikefest surviver 2013 and 2014

--
    That could have been a joke......but it wasn’t. Guess a guy has to learn that someway. ‘Hi-Flite’—-makes since!

Anyway, Hi-Flite did a fine job and sent exactly what I ordered. They mailed it quickly and kept me updated on shipping.

--

‘82 250R-put away wet

Small set-back. I’ve been waiting for a couple small items to button this up. Should be here today. Reading Ironchops post last night (thank you, chop), I realized I improperly set my ring gap. Just glad I caught it now.
    Took the cylinder off this morning and ordered new rings. I tried to find an answer by research before I gaped them about a top and bottom ring. Is there a difference? Does the ‘N’ mark face up? Thanks

--
    Ok, I think I’ve got it. N mark faces up, top ring is 0.20mm and bottom is 0.40mm. Sound right?

--
    N faces up if it is present on the ring. What do you mean by setting the ring gap? The ring gap would have been set by la sleeve when they fit the piston and honed the cylinder.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok...I didn’t know that. They where both in a sealed/unopened factory bag. Are they gaped the same size? They aren’t marked as far as top/bottom. I will try it again. Thanks

--
    Just spoke with Dave, at L.A. Sleeve. They don’t set ring end-gaps. They’re supposed to be correct out of the bag. Both rings are the same gap for this wiseco piston. Great folks there, btw. I have set back and think..WTH?? I’ll get it, no worries.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    Just spoke with Dave, at L.A. Sleeve. They don’t set ring end-gaps. They’re supposed to be correct out of the bag. Both rings are the same gap for this wiseco piston. Great folks there, btw. I have set back and think..WTH?? I’ll get it, no worries.

Ok interesting. Well, set your gap at .008”. Get a ring grinder if needs be. They are cheap
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--

‘82 250R-put away wet

I’m nearly done. Just need to figure out the exhaust seal. It’s taking awhile.
    So, I just couldn’t help myself....rolled it out to blow off the dust, lol. Surprisingly, everything is the same in the 1st two pics, except tires and seat.

The jug, head, pipe, heat shields, grips, seat and tires are the only visible difference. I’m pretty excited to hear it sing. Thanks for checking it out.

--
    Nice transformation!!!!!

--
    Looks fantastic!

Nice work

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Forgot to add this....I did do a pressure test.
    Don’t need that needle valve. 1st attempt it leaked out of the intake and exhaust port gaskets, almost as fast as put in. Maybe the cheap gaskets? So, I lightly lubed them with grease and it held 6 lbs for 6 minutes. Kept it on for an hour and it held steady. So, hopefully that’s good.
    As for the the seals where the pipe meets exhaust flange, I’m not sure what type of seal was original. Where there is an o-ring for some, this has a metal ring with a split in it, that goes in the recessed channel. Apparently, FL350 oddesseys had the same ring, so I ordered one.

I’m trying to figure out what number 7 is in this diagram:
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...250r-a/muffler
    Is it a copper gasket?
    Hey Yaegerb, hope all is well. I couldn’t believe I ran into a guy that had 3 stock pipes and guards hanging from his open garage as I walked by. I asked if he wanted to sell the guard and he says “take the whole thing”-$0. Pretty cool anyways, it’s on because I like the guard & I’m curious how it works. Once I get the jetting right with this, I’m going to try the one you shipped. Thanks again for your help.

--
    I know the 85-86 had that split ring and a metallic-type solid oring for a gasket. I think it was made of lead impregnated steel wool. Maybe your 82 used similar

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //