//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Pulse generator

--

Pulse generator

Hey guys new to the forum, I recently bought a 1984 atc 200s. An I noticed that the base of the pulse generator has a broke off bolt in it. My question is if I buy another pulse generator base an take the old off will I throw anything out of time? or have to watch what I do taking it apart an putting it together? Thanks

--
    Setting the timing ain't hard. It can get aggravating sometimes because you have to stop, open the cover, adjust, reassemble ....repeat.
    BUT, it ain't hard.
    Use a white grease pencil to color in the 'T' on the flywheel. Makes it show up much better if you have shet eyes like me.
    I hook my timing light up to an old car battery and clip to the plug wire. Works great on my 200s.

Once you get the timing right, don't forget to go back and set the gap between the rotor and pick up.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    The spark advancer should be the only thing I have to take off to get that base off right? If I put it back on same way it came off would it be ok?

--
    I would suggest getting a service manual if you haven't already. There are some decent videos on the pulse generator and setting the timing. Like Gabriel said, It ain't hard at all to set. D Ray's Shop on you tube has a multi part series about a 1985 atc200s that helped me a lot. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FFWrrzoN0

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //