//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Big Red front fork tube spring replacment?

--

Big Red front fork tube spring replacment?

I'm working on a big red 250es that had some locked up front forks. I've rebuilt/restored three other 250es big reds front forks. So I've learned a few tricks by trial by fire like how to un seize them. The problem I have now is the shattered fork tube springs that I need to replace. I had a spare set of forks that were also seized and it also had one shattered spring. Now I have 2 complete springs that are in awful shape. I want to know if there are any companies that make springs the same size. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forum to try and find any info but no luck.

--
    I just called Cogent Dynamics and they said they can build me a custom set of springs if I sent them my springs for $189. If I order 10 sets the price drops to $140 so if anyone wants spring for their big red 250es this might be the cheapest way to get them. They can make them softer also which would be nice. The turn around time would be around 6 weeks?

--
    Funny thing when I told the tech on the phone what I was working on he said "Arent those things illegal?" I almost died!!!

--
    Replying to old thread I know but did you get your replacement springs? I'm in need of a set of springs as well.
    Current Trikes
    '87 Honda 250SX
    '87 Honda Big Red
    '87 Honda Big Red
    '86 Honda Big Red
    '86 Honda Big Red
    '85 Honda Big Red
    '85 Honda Big Red
    '82 Honda Big Red
    '82 Honda Big Red
    '80 Honda ATC 70

www.atctanksanddecals.com