//ArrowChat Code

Thread: How do you get Maier to do a special rum,86-87 200x low profile fenders

--

How do you get Maier to do a special rum,86-87 200x low profile fenders

How do you go about getting Maier to do a special run?Would like to see a run of 86-87 200x low profile fenders.

--
    Call them and ask.
    It sucks to get old

--
    And pay $10k up front

--
    If they still have the mold, usually they require a 10 order minimum. If they don't have the mold, yeah, it will require about 8K to have them make one. I talked with them a few months ago about making OEM-style rear fenders for the 1st generation Tecates, and they said it would take about 8K. And that doesn't include the price of the fenders themselves.

--
    I've seen his kid on Facebook. Can't hurt to try and contact him there, forget his 1st name, but his last name is MAIER, LMAO

Nah, lol, he sems chill online, but business is business...

I believe that monster price tag was thrown at you because it requires a mold.

Wonder if in this day and age a mold could be copied and modified easily... Don't ya think!!??

We can do some CRAZY chit now it seems...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Wonder if in this day and age a mold could be copied and modified easily... Don't ya think!!??

We can do some CRAZY chit now it seems...
    Maybe with a BIGASS 3D printer?
    It sucks to get old

--
    I just happened to think, you might also try WIKID Fabrication. He's doing carbon fiber and fiber glass fenders for a lot of different models. I don't think the upfront costs are as much for him. If he is willing to do it, you'll probably need to provide him with a model fender. Here's his facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/WIKID-Fabri...5704103683804/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Call them and ask.
    (800) 336-2437

Check out their facebook page and send Jesse Maier PM

https://www.facebook.com/maierusa/?e...93425&fref=tag

--
    You should check with Wikid Fabrication .
    250r rules

--
    I work at a foundry and I can tell you pattern tooling is not easy or cheap. Now if you sell 500-1000 pcs a year a mold is easy to pass the costs on. You sell 10 fenders a year your going to see that tooling cost. I qoute stuff like this all day

You wanna play, your gonna pay.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Maybe with a BIGASS 3D printer?
    As that technology improves and gets cheaper, I can see that becoming a real possibility. One offs would only have the cost of initial programming and run time. After the first, the program can be saved and as programs stack up, they can be modified cheaper than being totally re-written and then things just get cheaper from there.

If the quality of plastic was good enough for a fender I can see some really awesome stuff coming from it. Molded tail lights IN the fender. Raised manufacturer or model number emblems that could then be covered in a vinyl sticker for some nice custom looks. Even custom tool trays inside the tool box. The possibilities are endless.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Jesse Maier replied to my message.The deal is 25 need to be spoken for.If they have the mold.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jays375 View Post
    Jesse Maier replied to my message.The deal is 25 need to be spoken for.If they have the mold.
    Nice!

Now you need to get 40 ppl to "commit" to buying a set so that the required 25 sets will get paid for when the product arrives.

I would think that should be no problem

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //