//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Honda ATC 350x

--

1985 Honda ATC 350x

Just purchased a 1985 350x any info would be greatly appreciated..

-Cant find a 1985 carrier barring - Will a 1986 carrier barring fit in a 1985 swing arm?
    -Color codes for the tank(white) frame(red) motor(black).

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    1986 will fit but you will need to use the 1986 sprocket and sprocket bolts. The 86 has countersunk bolts to allow clearance with the carrier since it is a bit wider on that side that protrudes out of the swingarm.

--
    No, it will not be offset or misaligned with the front sprocket.
    I may have misspoke saying it is wider. Not real sure on that but Honda did change the design of the carrier. It's that the 85 bolt heads won't clear if an 86 carrier is used. Hence the need for countersunk bolts and sprocket that was used on an 86. No alignment issues.

--
    Makes sense, thank you! Ordered a carrier barring as well as a ‘86 sprocket but my next challenge is I can’t find bolts for the sprocket since the ‘85 ones won’t work...any suggestions?

--
    If you go to partzilla and look under an 86 model you should find the part # for the sprocket bolts.
    90114-HA5-670

They are discontinued but I am sure somewhere on this forum someone has the measurements of those so you can order something close from McMaster Carr.

You might try posting this in the new member section. More traffic on that part of the forum.

--
    Will do, thanks for your help!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //