//ArrowChat Code

Thread: TRI-Z VF3... Is it worth my money?

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

TRI-Z VF3... Is it worth my money?

So other than just some fine tuning on the Z since the PWK and now the Dynoport it's quite impressive. Keep in mind it's also ported and the head has been milled. At this point I'd love to get everything out of this little cylinder that I can and I just wonder if spending the money on VF3 reeds is worth it? Chime in guys.

--
    Yes, the V-force is a nice upgrade. I have one on my Z. You will feel the difference, especially compared to the stock reed cage. I also strongly recommend a reed spacer. I know a lot of people call BS on them, but for the Z they really work. The Z manifold is small and they pull the reeds away from the ports. I know from experience and it's not like I have stock in Moose reed spacers. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend some of the mods in the Wrench Report, specifically adding another boost port. The Z's engine can be made into a fire breather. It was a highly underrated machine in it's day.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Yes, the V-force is a nice upgrade. I have one on my Z. You will feel the difference, especially compared to the stock reed cage. I also strongly recommend a reed spacer. I know a lot of people call BS on them, but for the Z they really work. The Z manifold is small and they pull the reeds away from the ports. I know from experience and it's not like I have stock in Moose reed spacers. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend some of the mods in the Wrench Report, specifically adding another boost port. The Z's engine can be made into a fire breather. It was a highly underrated machine in it's day.
    I might have to get this setup too.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110