//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Top End Rebuild 1983 atc200 Advice?

--

Top End Rebuild 1983 atc200 Advice?

Hey guys any guidance would be great. 1983 200atc ive been fussing with that i got for 400$ with a broken starter. It would only bump start but after a lil while it just would not start at all so...

I replaced most of the electrical system before realizing this motor had very low compression. So finally after like a month of postponing i went at starting to top end rebuild. started removing the motor from the frame and pulling the top end apart. After fussing with the cylinder head bolt i finally got everything apart and down to the piston. It was caked in carbon, the top two rings were all loose seemingly worn. Im sending it in to a shop to get rebored and everything and just wanted some help going the right direction for that.

Any recommendations??
    I was going to send it in to ghdiscountatvsupply. I wanted to get a valve spring compressor to take the valves and springs apart but do i really need too? They seem okay. Anyone know a good cheap valve adjustment tool for once it goes all back together?

Thanks guys any positive input is appreciated

--
    ATC 200 with electric start?

My paltry understanding of these machines are that only the M, E & ES are electric start.

As far as the rebuild goes, is money an issue? G&H does the head for around $150. Worth every penny IMHO
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yes, only m, e, and es have electric start. But the m and e motors will drop into any of the other 200 frames with only a slight modification. also, don't forget about the goki kits. However, this is beside the point the top ends are all the same. yes if there was that much carbon build up on the piston I would definatly advise replacing and laping new valves into the head as for a valve adjustment tool Ive never needed one for these old bikes all I use is a guage checker when the engine is reaseembled and at top dead center.

--
    I believe its just a 200S. It has a recoil pull start sorry if i was confusing about that. Sweet G&H is a go then...

Should i go with a 200x cam and carb for a little extra kick? Im hesitant to upgrade more until i can see this thing actually run smooth as is.

--
    A good upgrade would be a 200X piston. They had a little bit higher compression than the other 200's. If you want to try the 200X cam and carb, then I'd recommend a better flowing exhaust as well so you can get the most out of your upgrades.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //