//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Georgia boy finally got some three wheelers

--

Georgia boy finally got some three wheelers

I am a dirt bike guy, racing and riding for 30 years. It all started with three wheelers though. I had some neighbors that rode trikes when i was 5 (in 1985) and fell in love. I've always wanted a trike and finally it all worked out. The problem is, my 1984 big red doesn't have a motor & my 1985 atc200s doesn't run. I'm starting with the 200s and bound and determined to get this thing back to life. I picked these up at a shop that was going out of business in Columbus Ga so I am having to go down the list to figure out what is wrong. I have the fever now and want to save every trike i can get my hands on. I'm not much of a mechanic but having these forums are helping me learn so much. The 200s may need a new top end but I guess I'll have to figure out how to do that with help from the forum. I'll keep everyone posted and it may be a long process because of family time and money but at least one trike will run again.

--
    Welcome you are in the right place!
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    First, like Joseph Farrow said, stay on here. Other sources of "information" like Facebook will get you faster responses, but you'll have to sort through all of the crap that gets posted and decide what is good info and what isn't. Second, I'd highly recommend a service manual. Personally, I prefer to actually be able to hold one so I prefer paper ones. I usually try to go with a factory manual. They seem to have better pictures and better information to me. That last one's just my opinion. Some people feel just the opposite way.

--
    I am the same way 350for350. I have paper copies of the service manuals for all of my machines. I look forward to learning more and saving more three wheelers in the future.

--
    AWESOME! I still like my bikes, but I started riding on three wheelers and am an ATV guy at heart. I usually prefer to ride an ATV.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //