//ArrowChat Code

Thread: PWK 35 air striker 250r 1984

--

PWK 35 air striker 250r 1984

pwk 35 air striker So I’m going to try this bad boy I hope it’s a good chose for a good stock motor I couldn’t find any info on any one trying one on a 250r atc aircooledClick image for larger version. 

Name:	92B918F9-313C-46F8-8257-AC4C687B9EA0.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	255221

--
    So I had a intake boot I think it was a 2gen not sure it was small I heated it with heat gun for a bit and it went on the intake size measures 40mm on this carb and it went on but after it cooled it spilt but the boot was very hard

--
    That really sucks

I think I read somewhere that ppl were boiling those in Wintergreen oil or something like that to soften them up for use when they get too hard.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with some experience using this method

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Yeah, boil it in linseed oil before you stretch. It softens up the rubber.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok got it on today runs great down low but it like revs and the. Runs out like it’s runing out of gas but there’s a little smoke left .. the spark plug is old so one going to try a new one tomorrow

--
    What are the pilot and main jet sizes?

--
    Not sure never checked before putting it on but I put a plug it and did a full Throttle Chop plug comes out new Cocoa Brown but still will not run out past 3/4 i movies the clip all the way up and it ran better I changed from the stock pipes with the cobra silencer to a Bassani Pipe I have it’s almost runs out it it’s lossed some bottom end btw but it’s have more mid range power with bogging out at the top but it’s still blowing smoke of of the pipe..

The idle air screw does all most nothing it starts great it maybe runs a little higher 1/4 turn out so maybe the pilot it to big I’m trying to find out what size the stock jets on a 35mm air striker is so I can just buy some it’s a pain in the ass to get that carb out it’s so much bigger

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Army67romeo View Post
    Pull the carb to make double sure what jets you have. Then perform this test to set your idle correctly. Set your idle before you start messing with your main jet or your needle.

Pilot Test; This test will tell you if the pilot you are currently running is too big or small.

1. Turn the air screw in all the way (lightly) and then turn it out 1 full turn.
    2. Start the bike and turn the idle up slightly
    3. Start turning the air screw out slowly and listen for the engine to increase in RPM's as you let more air into the circuit and count the number of turns as you go
    4. Continue turning until you find the highest idle
    5. Post your results here

What does this tell you?
    Less than 1 turn out at highest idle means your pilot is to small. If your idle doesn't change after turning past 1 turn then you need a bigger pilot. More than 2 turns out, your pilot is too big and you are having to drown the circuit with air to compensate for the fuel.

--
    1/4 I did that just like the 101 said to

This thing idles great and has great power low just doesn’t run good after it hits the pipe it falls flat

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Army67romeo View Post
    1/4 I did that just like the 101 said to

This thing idles great and has great power low just doesn’t run good after it hits the pipe it falls flat
    Ok, if you are confident in your idle. You said you raised the needle clip and it performed better? If you truly have a 160 I would put your needle back in the 3rd from top clip and drop your main to a 158 or 156.

--
    Ya I’ll pull the carb tomorrow and the big pipe did help btw I was thinking of pulling the airbox lip to see if it helps more
    It’s running great down low but the air screw isn’t doing much like little to no reaction maybe a little higher at 1/4

--
    Well I took the airbox lid off and now it does wheels up and I broke my dam tail bone it hits so fast and hard .. never got to do a chop on the plug .. so I think I need a smaller main jet and maybe a bigger low jet because of the air screw adjustment but I have done anything with the small mixture screw yet

--
    If you only make one change at a time, it will make it easier to tell what helps and what doesn't. I'd only work with the main jet first. At least you're on the right track.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //