//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finally we might get 200 rear fenders from Maier....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    If you can get them to make a mold for a 35y.o. part and they pay or it?? You've done very well.

Molds are not cheap, even a vac form mold...
    I agree with that, when I make a template for a harness, it takes me as long or longer than the actual harness making process. My templates are cheap, but a proper setup would probably be expensive for harnesses too.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    If you can get them to make a mold for a 35y.o. part and they pay or it?? You've done very well.

Molds are not cheap, even a vac form mold...
    Not quite, they have gotten enough requests for more ATC parts that they are looking to expand the production line. Plus one mold covers 3 models.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Now if only someone could get them to start making the front fender for the 200m and the 83 200 again my dad and I would be really happy a perfect front fender is one of the only things stopping him from finishing his 83 atc 200.

--
    86 125m would be cool to but I'd imagine there wouldn't be enough business for that

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    Now if only someone could get them to start making the front fender for the 200m and the 83 200 again my dad and I would be really happy a perfect front fender is one of the only things stopping him from finishing his 83 atc 200.
    https://maier-mfg.com/12070-honda-at...nt-fender.html

--
    Has anyone heard anything regarding this lately?
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

83200e is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I spoke with c.s.r today (Jeff) and he said they were waiting on someone to loan them a machine to test them on. Once this is done, he said it could be as soon as a few months. My hats off to you Matt, I tried this years ago without success. Thanks for getting this started.

Gripit'n'ripit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I assume the original fenders have to be in very good condition for the process? just to clarify, these are the 2-piece read fender for the models with the rear rack and tool box?
    Glad there are moves happening for this. Then only decent new rear fenders I have found are fiberglass.
    81 250R Custom
    83 250R (in progress)
    98 Scrambler 400
    03 Bombardier Quest 500
    07 Polaris Predator (sold to klondike1020 )
    68 VW Dune Buggy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83200e View Post
    I spoke with c.s.r today (Jeff) and he said they were waiting on someone to loan them a machine to test them on. Once this is done, he said it could be as soon as a few months. My hats off to you Matt, I tried this years ago without success. Thanks for getting this started.
    Funny thing is, the day the sales guy (who manages the emails) went away to a conference of some sort, the CEO/president (sorry if I got the title wrong) saw my email and replied.

Funny part was when I mentionned I email several times over the past few years, he sounded shocked. A few taps of the keyboard later and yup, something told me he was going to have a meeting with the sales guy...lol

Anywho... Things are progressing now

--
    So here is an update for you all.

They are working on the reproduction fenders now... Yay.
    They MAY be able to do something as a replacement tool box as well. No promisses.

I was asked a few questions about what to do for the fenders. My imput was to get as close to a copy to the originals as possible, but to leave the mudflap holes as dimples to act as drill guides, which will give the end user the option to use them or not and this way the plastic integrity will say sound.

Any opinions or suggestions, comment bellow.

--
    Oh and if anyone lives close to them with a 200E and a 200M, let me know. Even though they know the fenders will fit, they may want to double check.

Thanks

83200e is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Leaving the holes undrilled is a wise suggestion. It cuts down on their production costs and allows the buyer to use whatever bolt/nut/collar they choose. Does anyone know who loaned them the machine?

--
    Yeah, good suggestion on not predrilling the holes. Mud flaps are good and all, and on a more original type machine, a necessity, but in really sticky mud, they just catch more and weigh down, which greatly increases the chance of them being sucked under and ripped of with possible fender damage.

The fact is, sticky mud gets very, very heavy and causes fenders to get ripped off. It'll be nice to buy some new fenders and not have unsightly holes in them if not using the mud flaps. The rubber, metal backing strips and bolts all add weight too, and just not using all that may keep the fenders in better shape for longer, as in, not getting all droopy.

On the toolbox's, the lid seems to be the most oft damaged part. The problem is the tall lip on the inside and if it's possible to do with vacuum forming. I'd imagine that'd have to be a two piece part and welded together. That's be another great part to add to their lineup though.

Thanks again.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Talk them into making replacement Taurus 650 plastics. Id like a set.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Talk them into making replacement Taurus 650 plastics. Id like a set.
    If there is a way to get 10k I can get it done... Saving for my wedding first and getting rid of dept.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //