//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 200 intake manifold

--

ATC 200 intake manifold

Were there ever any performance upgrade intake manifolds for the 200cc engine?
    Has anyone ever tried to make one?

Wouldn't be difficult. Wonder in an inch or two longer might give it a bit more top end? I'm thinking about trying to machine one from a chunk of aluminum.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Their hard to find now but their were a bunch of performance companies making them back in the day . They were designed for 26-30mm spigot mounts . One of the biggest and noticeable upgrades you can do to these 200 motors
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Do you remember any name brands so i can be on the lookout?
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    DG , Powroll , PK , BAPP , H&S and about 30 more .
    I have one nos still , I believe made by Mossburg .

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you remember any name brands so i can be on the lookout?
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Going off my understanding of engines, longer (or smaller) intake tubes gives more torque at the low rpms. Larger around and shorter gives more high end torque. Some high end sports cars have dual intakes, one short, one long and uses them based on rpm. Exhaust works the same way for multi cylinder engines for the collection point, I suspect it's not much of an effect on a single cylinder though for exhaust length. Larger exhaust pipe would be for high rpm/max torque higher up, while smaller being for low rpm grunt.

Depending what you're end goal is determines what type of performance mod you want vs factory. Of course, if an engine is modified, the intake/exhaust characteristics change from what they were factory. AKA, a big bore will need a larger exhaust to have the same general usage torque curve that was factory, larger would be more for racing, keeping it the same would be for putting around and pulling stuff at low rpm.

I wonder exactly was different for the performance intakes, I assume larger around to support a more free flowing or overbored engine. Maybe slightly shorter.

Kind of funny, go back to the 70's and a carb spacer was a torque booster (helps at low rpm). A larger intake also common, which would be higher rpm torque. It's all a game of balance. You could always go shortest intake possible (basically bolt the carb direct to the head), and run the shortest exhaust that won't burn the valves and have a high strung engine that has no bottom end grunt to take off, but once it's moving it screams (think F1 cars).

I know there's some sort of science/math behind it, but I'm not sure where to look to get those numbers to actually do the math for what you want exactly.

Anyway, I would be interested in the measurements of the stock intake though. My china supplier makes intakes too in the OEM style, but they always add a vacuum port on the side. I'm guessing something they already make might function on the 200 series engines. If I remember right, the inside bore is 27mm for most of them that look similar. Also would need bolt widths and overall lengths. If I go down this route to supply intakes (I was thinking about it before I saw this post), I just hope they use a good quality of rubber. Might be able to make a larger bore version too for a performance intake. Sadly still china quality though, so who knows how good they would end up being.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //