//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Today's find

--

Today's find

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181109_092311.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	970.3 KB 
ID:	255509 Getting pretty scarce around here. So I had to get it...lol... Gonna be looking for a tank and a bunch of parts if I can get it going.
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Gotta love that NB Weld smeared across the base of the tank. Best of luck.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    NB Weld I used JB weld once but it didn't last...
    250r dust runner
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Pretty sure the NB was a mistype for JB (same finger on the keyboard even)

Anyway, looks like that machine is my go to machine's brother. Kind of funny, your rear tires are the same as my front tire. Horrible steering tire, had a pair of them on a 350 warrior and it did fairly well with them. In mud it took a lot of rpm to clean out though, 2nd gear right to the wood on the 350 warrior (my dad and I beat the snot out of that machine, bought it new in 1999).

Clearly rusty tank, so probably junk in the tank screens and carb. Swap the tank or clean it out and clean the carb and it probably will run =). Don't forget to have the machine in neutral, bought a 250sx like that one, main no start problem was that it was in first gear lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0762.jpg  

--
    Hard to believe it still has the black garnish moulding on it Yes , your machine looks better than mine but im gonna pretty her up this winter. Fun projects !
    250r dust runner

--
    You talking about the black cap over the swing arm pivot bolts? I think about 80% of the 250es machines I've bought had it (I've had 5 or 6 of them). If I remember right, some were chrome while others were black.

My machine looks like a rigged up pile of trash lol, 200s tank, black barrel makeshift rear fenders, and that white seat cover lol. The seat was held on by a bungee strap when I first got it, I fixed the spring so it would latch. I have since put a plastic tank on it from another parts machine. Yea my machine isn't missing parts, but if you ignore the headlight and gas tank, our machines are pretty similar looking lol. My front rack is pretty trashed though, I don't care too much about looks though so no real plans to replace it.

Btw, front forks are pretty trashed too, atleast one has no oil in it, water gets in it and freezes which makes the front end act like a solid front end. Some day I have to pull it apart and replace the seals etc, or cheat and swap another pair on from a parts machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0760.jpg  

--
    No the molding on the side of the fender. most nice bikes have lost them years ago , but this pile with the fender mostly ripped of still has it ...lol
    250r dust runner

--
    Haha, yea out of 6 or so machines, the only one that came with the black fender edge piece was a 250sx with 250es fenders welded on (at the rack) to the frame. that machine is in the background of my first pic, but here's another shot of it. I stole the rear tires off it right after I got it, the car tires came on another parts machine lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0228.jpg   DSCN0229.jpg  

--
    Wow, someone spent some time converting that sx into an es. looks strait too.
    250r dust runner

--
    Yea besides the trashed harness and rear fenders, everything was in really good shape. My cousin needed an engine (wrist pin knock, confirmed it before swapping), so he got it off that machine. Using his carb it ran great. Had to replace the rear axle too on his machine, that's how we got it, I knew the last owner. Engine + axle later, it was a wheelie monster, best running 250sx I've rode to date and mine is prettier lol. My cousin also got the tires off it, nice knobbies but super dryrotted, lasted like 2-3 months.

I think their target was a farm machine. It was a cow farm I got it from, but the kid (like 15 year old) couldn't get it running. Check out their fancy hitch system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0230.jpg  

--
    Yuck...Took the factory hitch off to design that...WOW....UGH
    250r dust runner

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Yuck...Took the factory hitch off to design that...WOW....UGH
    The 250sx doesn't have a factory hitch, the 250es did. If I recall correctly, the bolt holes for the hitch mount were pretty rusted out, not sure if the threads would hold much of anything anymore.

Ironically, my dad did similar with his 450 foreman, but it was secured a lot better, no welding, just a HUGE bolt though the stock ball spot and ~1in plate to extend the hitch to about where the back side of the tires are. Made backing up trailers a ton easier to control.

His 680 rincon didn't have a hitch factory, so he made up his own plate that bolted to the stock location, and made a bumper with support bars down to his hitch. He had it end about the same spot. Very rarely does the hitch hit the ground on either machine, but we have pretty flat ground up here in Michigan. Both machines have hauled around 1 yard of sand at a time which I'm pretty sure is beyond the load specs for the machines, only time it's much of a problem is one hill on the trip home, just get some speed before the hill and it's pretty smooth sailing.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //