//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 250sx is the worst placed carb in the world. What’s a good Chinese replacement???

--
    If your tired of it take it to a shop, they can rebuild carbs and jet them. My buddy took his 350x there after I and a mechanic friend said just stop messing with it. We are all not good at everything. They still sell many carbed toys. I stopped jetting and rebuilds carbs because my local shop is better quicker and if it does not preforpreform right they said bring it back to get tweaked. I know pride is one thing of I did it all myseld but there is help out there. I laid asphalt patch many times....I'm not gonna pay an entire drive way. Think about the big picture. I may sound like a ahole but I build 2 bikes a year and subing things out like carb or efi settings and suspension there are better people suited to help. Sure it costs but a perfectly tuned and suspensions bike will knock you socks off. They can build my carb while I build my daughter's brain....

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If you're building two bikes a year and don't know how to jet I can only imagine what the rest of your mechanical work looks like.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I don't buy, i build then. tTe motors get sent to KB5, I started letting them tune then to the motors. its easier and faster, more dialed in then i could get. I'd get close but they get closer. Mechanical work just read my threads, wait I delete them all because of the harassment from people like you on here so I will not show what I can do or offer much help other then my smart do the point truthfully comments. I'm only here to buy a few parts anymore. I do not care about you anymore or any others. Got a part Ill give you money if not don't care.

--
    Not really trying to get in the middle of this, but just looks like a conflict of life styles. Some people can't afford to hire someone else to do work to the machine. I'm in that boat, but I grew up with a dad that was an auto mechanic and 95% of what broke we fixed including house plumbing, electrical etc. Heck he even built the pole barn himself, and had a small group of friends help work the cement when he got the funds ~20 years later. Sucks being low income, but we make do with what we have.

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Chinese carbs for powersports are junk as far as I can tell.

They will however, get you a great deal on a machine that runs like crap.

I bought my 86' 250r off eBay, with original dry rotted tires for $1550.

Guy excitedly bought it, promptly installed Chinese carb, with unnumbered jets, and got it to barely run. He threw the original carb in when I picked it up. Cleaned original carb, new spark plugs and boot, and she's up and running.

Something I didn't see mentioned..if you use ethanol gas, or have machines that sit for awhile...shut the petcock off, and run machine until it stalls. My kx500 sits for 6-8 months at a time, and lights off in a few kicks, every time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Also worth mentioning that the ethanol (pump gas) fuel is corrosive and absorbs moisture from the air and separates out in the bottom of the tank. If a machine sits often, it's best to do the process above and drain the tank and use the fuel in another machine, mower etc.

Ethanol free fuel is more expensive, but doesn't suffer from those problems. Also it can last around a year without stable, 2 with stable (I've used gas older than that with no issues, just have to make sure it doesn't smell like bad gas). Basically ethanol free fuel is like the old pump gas before they put 10% (soon to be 15% from what I've heard) ethanol in it.

--
    Flying W's carb tutorial if you missed it:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ebuild-Tutoral

I think he has some he'd sell you outright.

He probably has some magic potion for conditioning the 30+ year old rubber so it's easier to work with.
    Something like this maybe but I have not tried it:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/good-...-parts.975603/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //