//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hey guys

--

Hey guys

I've been here a while, mostly because my family has had a couple 3 wheelers in the family since new. My grandma bought them brand new in 1984 and 1985. The 125M is a 1984 and the 250sx is a 1985. 250 runs great but for some reason the 125M will only stay running if the choke is all the way out. My parents had these for years, and my wife and I are in escrow on a price of property with 10 acres on it, so my parents gave me back the bikes, as they dont use them much. Looking forward to learning more about 3 wheelers for sure! Glad to be here.

And yes, I have the seat and rear plastics for the 125, I just have the battery on a maintainer right now...

Scott

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

--
    Nice old specimens. I would pull the carb off the 125, clean thoroughly and rebuild with a quality kit.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Yea those machines look like they were kept pretty good. My guess on the 125 is a dirty carb too. New jets (rebuild kit) if needed, depending if you want to buy it up front or tear into it and buy the rebuild kit if you run into something like the float bowl o-ring/gasket is bad. Don't forget to check each passage to be clear, clean each jet with a strand of copper wire or similar.

Enjoy the machines =). Personally I like the 250sx as the 2nd best 3 wheeler made by Honda, pretty fast/sporty while low maintenance (shaft drive).

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Yea those machines look like they were kept pretty good. My guess on the 125 is a dirty carb too. New jets (rebuild kit) if needed, depending if you want to buy it up front or tear into it and buy the rebuild kit if you run into something like the float bowl o-ring/gasket is bad. Don't forget to check each passage to be clear, clean each jet with a strand of copper wire or similar.

Enjoy the machines =). Personally I like the 250sx as the 2nd best 3 wheeler made by Honda, pretty fast/sporty while low maintenance (shaft drive).
    Thanks man! I am horrible with small engines so I plan to either have a buddy look at it, or just throw a whole new carb at it lolol

--
    FYI, a new Chinese built carb might be as much or more work. Generally their tuning is off, so you might have to rejet the carb etc. I've seen cases where they bolt on and work great too though, my cousin's atc200s it worked great on.

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The pilot circuit is clogged, that's why it only idles with the choke on. Order a bowl o ring for it, pull it apart, remove and clean each jet or replace if need be. This is as simple as putting your work boots on. Go for it! Good luck with your machines man! Enjoy! Jets r us is your friend, I've used them a lot!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
    Thanks man! I am horrible with small engines so I plan to either have a buddy look at it, or just throw a whole new carb at it lolol

Let me know if you want it rebuilt. I will send it back and it will be like new. Stick with oem. Don’t put a newer aftermarket carb on it.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Let me know if you want it rebuilt. I will send it back and it will be like new. Stick with oem. Don’t put a newer aftermarket carb on it.
    I'm going to shoot you a PM. I may have you do this if you're willing. Of course I may research it and see if it looks like something I can do.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Send Both carbs to him. He knows what he is doing. Yes Stick with OEM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw #24 View Post
    Send Both carbs to him. He knows what he is doing. Yes Stick with OEM.
    I'll start with the 125 as the 250 seems to be running great now. Once I get the 125 running I'll probably throw the carb off of the 250 into a box to have it rebuilt too...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //