//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 85 250r problems

--
    Quote Originally Posted by threewheelin-feelin View Post
    i have no clue why the straw was there haha. but it ran. the motor had a crack in the crankcase that i had repaired by a machinist. the only thing i can figure is they tried to make the carb as rich as they could to get it to run with a massive air leak. the carb has all new parts in it now... is still leaking fuel with the new float valve closed...like i said im trying to fix all the BS that someone did to this poor 250r
    Slap a 38 on it. I will even clean it before shipping

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...Parts-for-Sale
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Can you stop the gas or any liquid from flowing out with just using your finger against the float valve, leaving the floats off the carb? Seems like not enough pressure against the valve to stop flow. Just curious.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Can you stop the gas or any liquid from flowing out with just using your finger against the float valve, leaving the floats off the carb? Seems like not enough pressure against the valve to stop flow. Just curious.
    i just tried it with my finger on the float valve it stopped but i had to put more pressure than i should on it
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Slap a 38 on it. I will even clean it before shipping

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...Parts-for-Sale
    i really want to keep this bike stock. the only thing i wanted to put on it was the fmf exhaust and that was only because i hate the sound of a stock exhaust. and a 38mm on a stock 250r would open up a can of worms for jetting wouldnt it? im looking at a couple nice 85 oem carbs on ebay right now...i guess i could try my 38mm airstriker on it from my 310r
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Take a look at the seating tip on your new float valve. You may see some kind of impression on that sealing surface like a burr is keeping it from sealing. Maybe the new float valve is a few years past prime? Some how soften that up? Just to see if its the issue? Laquer thinner or heat? Maybe heat in linseed oil? I know not really the perfect plan.
    My thought is buying a new carburetor, i would listen to the Honda guys. A 38mm should jet down to a stock motor fine. Now for me fitment would have to be easy for the change up.
    If buying more jets is all, trying your 38mm seems cool. You would already have it jetted when the new carb arrives.
    Plus if you plan on keeping both r's i would definitely have both of them on 38mm's for interchangeability, if thats a word.
    Last edited by fieldy; 11-16-2018 at 12:57 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by threewheelin-feelin View Post
    i really want to keep this bike stock. the only thing i wanted to put on it was the fmf exhaust and that was only because i hate the sound of a stock exhaust. and a 38mm on a stock 250r would open up a can of worms for jetting wouldnt it? im looking at a couple nice 85 oem carbs on ebay right now...i guess i could try my 38mm airstriker on it from my 310r
    Actually a 38 will work on stock or built engines. They are a great all around carb on the 3rd gen r’s
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //