//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: What style of LED headlight would you want?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angle Eye Blue

0 0%
  • Angle Eye Red

1 11.11%
  • Angle Eye Orange

1 11.11%
  • Standard style

7 77.78%
  • None / I don't like LED Headlights

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which LED Headlight style should I stock for the 3ww shop? 200ES, E etc 6x4in

--
    Update on this. I have all 5 lights now. 2 of 5 have damage (paint worn off some on one, and the other has a broken connector). 4 of 5 boxes are bashed up pretty bad. Looks like I'm the first person to buy this product on their site so maybe their not as big of a company as I was thinking. I'm checking with my other China supplier to see if they can get them from the factory and resell to me, they package parts so much better in actual boxes and such.

I sent photos etc to their customer support, not sure what they will plan to do.
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 12-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.

--
    I got a small discount from them, I'll just pass on the discount for the "blem" one to whoever wants it.

I just got done replacing the wire ends and color code heat shrinking the wires. I want to run though a quick 5 sec power on test per light to make sure both brights and dims work 100% and wont be DOA for the customer.

Anyway, I ran the numbers and it looks like I'll need around $60 shipped for these. Shipping is kind of a killer on the price, hopefully the next batch I'll be able to order a little more bulk and get better shipping costs to me. After I test the lights, I'll get some photos up and make a listing on the 3ww shop. I have 4 on hand + one blem which is $10 off (has paint rubbed off on the back side of the light).

Also, caught wind that the 83-84 ATC250R headlight might be the same size, and mounts very similar to the 200es/200m. I'll have to pull apart the light I have and see how well it fits. There is no voltage regulator sock for the 81-84 250r, so that will be a requirement. I'll likely be able to offer a DC Power kit with the light. Sadly it will probably have to be installed near the neck/headlight area since the whole harness can't be converted directly to DC since the alternator uses an internal grounding for one side of the power generation coil. Also note the stock 250r headlight is 60w, this is 45w, but LEDs are more power efficient so likely still brighter than the stock lights.

--
    Photos!

Also measurements:

LED Light:
    Depth (thickest spot lens to back of heat sink): 79.5mm (3 1/8in)
    Height: 108mm (4 1/4in)
    Width: 168.3mm (6 5/8in via tape measure)
    Mounting surface thickness 11.7mm (15/32in)

Stock Light (no socket installed):
    Depth: 81mm (3 3/16in)
    Height: 106.4mm (4 3/16in)
    Width: 165.1mm (6 1/2, again via tape measure)
    Mounting surface thickness: 10.8mm (7/16in)

As you can see, the LED light is ever so slightly larger. The extra mounting thickness + the width being a tiny bit wider, makes it a bit of a challenge to install theses with the clips. Very doable, just harder than the stock headlight.

Also note, the LED light comes with different wire colors than the stock Honda harnesses. I label the wire colors with heat shrink on the wires as seen in the photos. Also the wire is quite good, generally China wire is lacking copper, but these appear to be the full 18 gauge size and crimped nicely. Also when the light is on dim, the top row and one led in the center lights up. You can mount the light either direction, the side the lights up for dim is opposite from the side with the screw holes for a base plate.

I forgot just how bright these lights are, got to get blinded a couple times making sure all the LEDs light up correctly for the power on test (bright + dims).

If anyone has any questions, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181207_153702_019.jpg   IMG_20181207_153731_319.jpg   IMG_20181207_153758_802.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //