//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help an imbecile install headlight set springs on a Yamaha YT125G

--

Help an imbecile install headlight set springs on a Yamaha YT125G

So I am putting a 1980 YT125G back together, and got an NOS headlight lens and bucket to install into the chrome ring, and I have these four set screws that look like handlebars (they were out when I got it)...how do they go in? I assume one per side or two on the top and two on the bottom, but its not actually clear how they're supposed to go.

--
    Have a photo of them? Only spring mounted lights I've seen were two clip/springs on each side of the light to the chrome ring.

According to the diagram on partzilla, there's atleast one on top lol. Since there's 4 I suspect one on each side of the light since the diagram appears to be centered.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...adlight-yt125g

Also seems like the light is still available, mind measuring the width/height of it? Might be a suitable replacement for some Honda ATC's.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l225.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	255605

Thats the spring, the lens assembly itself is approx 5 1/8" side to side and about 4 1/4 top to bottom, and about 2 7/8" from the edge of the bulb socket to the front of the lens.

Its not perfectly rectangular, all edges have a slight curve to them

Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Have a photo of them? Only spring mounted lights I've seen were two clip/springs on each side of the light to the chrome ring.

According to the diagram on partzilla, there's atleast one on top lol. Since there's 4 I suspect one on each side of the light since the diagram appears to be centered.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...adlight-yt125g

Also seems like the light is still available, mind measuring the width/height of it? Might be a suitable replacement for some Honda ATC's.

--
    I see, smaller than what I was hoping, but I think the smaller Hondas had a similar sized headlight. I'll have to see if I have like a ATC110 headlight around to compare. Thanks for the numbers.

Also I ran across a Honda headlight lately with a similar clip system, it was a round headlight, but it used 4 clips evenly spaced out.

--
    How were they installed? Do you have a picture?

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //