//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Bob-caT snowthrower

--
    I had one of those Snowbirds that you are talking about where the whole impeller housing rotated. If you could get it to throw snow 6' you were doing good. I think it was an 8hp. Heres a pic of my new Ariens from last winter. For scale purposes its a 30" wide machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2432.JPG  

Lots O Trikes!!!!!
    TRIKEFEST 03, 04, 05, 07, 09 Going the distance

--
    Up at the cottage when I was younger (1980ish) we had a FORD blower. Worked well for years and years...

Around 2000 someone gave me a single stage blower without a motor. I popped a 6.5HP Honda engine on it that had no governor. It was a old race engine from my gokart days. I put a manual hand throttle cable on it. It got a bit stupid. LOL. FF to when I bought my house. I can fit about 6 cars in my driveway and had no blower at the time. My friend at Honda called me about a Honda HSS622 for sale. $1000.00. I bought it and used it here for 10 years. Great blower BUT it was slow. I just sold it last week. ($700.00) Ran like a Honda should.

Another friend got me hooked on a single stage blower (Toro) I bought one used. ($200) It is a 4.5HP 2 stoke. I LOVE it. I zip up and down my driveway. I work Flat Rate. LOL. I would toss it in my van and clear my girlfriends driveway also. Nice and light. I picked her up one this summer to keep at her house. Newer unit with 5HP.

Fabs. That is a very cool blower!! Lots going on with belts , clutch and gears!!! And the fear factor if it get's away. LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Pics of the snow bird as promised. Its such a cutie, but as stated a shovel us more effective unless your really really lazy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181202_094532.jpg   20181202_094525.jpg  

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    So on the subject of single stage snowblowers Rob, I used one a couple of times when I was younger. My friend had two moms, so he was supposed to kind of be the man of the house. He was useless though, so I used to run the little two stroke single stage snowblower for him. I almost wasn't going to bother using it, I thought it was probably a waste of time, but I gave it a shot. I was really impressed with what it did but I thought the snow bank by the road would be the end of it. Well it didn't stop, and it did a great job. I was impressed!

Thanks for sharing the Snow Bird pics 90nut! So funny how ineffective those machines are!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I spied a Bobcat just a short time ago in Raynham in a backyard, the handlebars are a huge give a way...

I'm waiting to see a car in the yard, but after seeing yours and working on it, I want one regardless if I have a backhoe or not
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Those damn bob-cat snowblowers always trip up my automated craigslist searches..lol. I'm always on the lookout for out for good deals on bobcat skidsteers.

I do have a late 90s toro that works pretty well.

On the lookout right now for a skid steer snowblower, or a front mount for my Kubota tractor. Jury is out on the skid steer snowblowers..some people say they suck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

The Bob-caT snowthrower

Lmfao, it's always the skid-steer snowblowers that throw my searches off!

I got my #2 machine all together today. I'd been waiting for the flywheel keys to come in the mail and then segued on to other projects, so this had been sitting for a while. The flywheel keys I ordered were correct and everything else went together really well, but the carburetor was dripping gas like crazy. I whacked the crap out of it with a screwdriver handle but it didn't slow the flow of gas leaking out. I took the carburetor back off the machine and swapped out the float and float valve with a used set I had, but once it was all back together it still leaked.

I have some theories as to what's wrong with the original carburetor, however I've been dying to try this eBay $14 carburetor. I won't run these junk carbs on my Japanese stuff, but on a Briggs? Absotootly. I bet it's going to work really well. If it doesn't, it was a $14 experiment.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272682189037
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-27-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Got the old man’s 1969 Toro 8/32 running this summer. He’s had it since new. Tore down the drivetrain in 2017, left a list of what was needed and got it together when I went up this summer. He has a newer one, but it’s not as well built as this beast. Would love to drag it to Mexico for a full restoration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F56DB0FC-D307-404F-BCDB-974D362AAFF6.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	256311
    It sucks to get old

--
    That is a platform that had very few changes throughout the years because it didn't need any. Those are great machines.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    That is a platform that had very few changes throughout the years because it didn't need any. Those are great machines.
    They dropped the 8hp the next year and went to 10, not sure why. That's the original engine and it's moved many, many metric tons of snow in it's life (long driveway and a few neighbors that had machines that weren't up to the task many times) It gets exactly one oil change per year, usually about the time the rototiller and lawn mower get parked for the year.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //