//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible light socket for ATC Speedometer

--
    Colors don't matter to me, every light bulb has a hot and a ground...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Yea nothing special about the wire colors =). I'll add a reply on this thread when I get them. I'll have to measure them to be sure they are the right size, but I doubt there's many similar sockets of different sizes that mount exactly the same way. The part is from another country, so going to take a bit to get to me.

--
    I ended up ordering two source parts, the local USA one came first of course. This is the slightly different rubber mount design I was talking about, it has 3 ribs instead of just one large one. It measures 13.9mm just barely touching the ribs so probably a pretty tight fit in a 13mm hole. The rubber comes nice and clean just wiping it off with your fingers =).

Anyway, I attached photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    Alright, had a chance to disassemble these, turned out pretty well. Some of the wires ended up shorter than I wanted, but my tubing should be able to cover up the splice points pretty well when I assemble them.

NOS parts into a pile of NOS sockets =).

--
    Got them made up. 6 of the OEM style, and 4 of the triple rib style.

--
    Those came out awesome!! Your work is top notch!! Every FARKIN speedo I buy needs the damn harness and bulb!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    It's just that flashy tubing I use =), that and I make all the wires the same length now, cutting them even before adding the terminals. Figured that one out when making the Tri-Z harnesses, and they always turned out to be an ugly mess.

Those are NOS sockets from motorcycle harnesses and such, so very limited supply, but the price per socket was reasonable. Would love to find an actual new supply of them though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //