//ArrowChat Code

Thread: FMF slip on exhaust for Honda 200x Anybody? Custom Application?

--

FMF slip on exhaust for Honda 200x Anybody? Custom Application?

Has anybody used the slip on FMF muffler for the Honda 200x? I'm looking at the idea of using an aftermarket muffler (FMF) with the spark arrester and sound quieter insert paired with an aftermarket header (DG?) for a somewhat custom application. Does anyone have experience doing this or something similar? I really want to get a good flowing and sounding system that is trail riding compliant. Can't do the DG muffler and I'm not super excited about finding a used Cobra either.

I'm looking at a slip on application using either the FMF or Supertrapp muffler. Any input would be appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by Fratolicious; 12-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    There was talk about adding currently available supertrapp discs to a dg or some other loud exhaust by welding studs or howerever to the end of some loud exhaust. Sounded doable. I am not sure if the supertrap discs system can have an approved arrestor added with the discs. Think denniskirk carries those but havent the time to look. Never seen a supertrapp in person just general picture but not parts in catalog. Hoping that to be a possibility.

--
    Interesting. I haven't seen or heard that but I'm pretty new in the game of Atc's. I'm kinda leaning towards the FMF 4 stroke muffler that is a universal clamp on. It comes with an arrestor and you can add a sound reduction piece to make it Forest approved. For the life of me I can't find anything that shows this setup. I thought youtube would have something....no luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Had friends that were making headpipes for atvs at a muffler shop. Stop by one and ask. That might make the fmf muffler perfect. Good luck find a way let us know.

--
    I'll ask around and follow up if I make and head way.
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Has anyone else put together a custom system? What muffler? What header? Anyone??? I can't be the only person.
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have a HRE header that fits stock and slipon 450r pipe for 350x not 200x, but he can make whatever you want.

--
    i used a stock YZ400F muffler cut in half that was mated to a cobra header. if you want a muffler made for the bike contact HRE he makes new high flow headers and muffers. information@hreatv.com

Kryten is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Check out this thread, I have an example with pictures.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...07#post1480507
    1984 ATC200S
    1984 ATC200X
    1984 ATC200M
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC200X
    1987 ATC250SX
    TPC450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranvier View Post
    I have a HRE header that fits stock and slipon 450r pipe for 350x not 200x, but he can make whatever you want.
    Thank you. Gonna contact him.
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //