//ArrowChat Code

Thread: new member from ontario canada, 200x

--

new member from ontario canada, 200x

hi all I picked up a 200x for a pretty good price I think, only 300. anyways thing has no brakes, swing arm bolt seized in with a broken tensioner bolt and has a not so original motor in it which I assume is from a 200m or something. pull start semi auto. a guy said I can take the top end from that motor and transfer it over to a 200x bottom end. is this true? also best way to get swingarm bolt out without wrecking the swingarm, I don't care about the bolt its already been mangled. any help appreciated

--
    Welcome. A 200M engine is electric start and pull start. I haven't personally messed with a seized swingarm pivot bolt, so I'm not much help there. You could put your 200(?) top end onto a 200X bottom end, but you'd want to use a 200X piston for the higher compression ratio. Are you looking for advice on the brakes? If so, what parts aren't working or are missing. Lastly, you have an AutoX. I LOVE mine. It's my favorite over my 250SX, 250ES, and my 350X. I'll never regret making it and I'll be building another one in the future. Here's a few pics of mine.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	255943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	911.9 KB 
ID:	255944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	255945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	255946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	255947

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Whereabouts in Ontario?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    Ridgetown my dude

--
    Yea the 200 series engines were all very similarly designed. I believe most if not all their top ends interchange. I think the most common bottom end used in an auto X is a atc185/atc185s or atc200/atc200s engine. If you check the harness connector from the engine to the wire harness I could possibly narrow down the source engine slightly.

Anyway, check the atc200 series image at the thread below. The actual harness might be from the 200x though, if not you can ID the exact year the harness is atleast assuming it's from that series.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...or-Honda-ATC-s

FYI, there's a LOT of 200 models, some shaft drive, others chain drive, electric start, etc. 200, 200s, 200e, 200es, 200m, 200x. M and ES are shaft drive + electric start, E and M are chain + electric start, 200 and S are chain drive + pull start only, and the 200x is kick start only. The 185 vs 200 models are more or less the same engine, just smaller and it's top end interchanges too (based on the 200/200s style atleast).

It's good to know which bottom end you have just encase you ever need parts. I haven't been around the 200 models a whole lot, so besides the major differences, I can't really say what to look for to indicate like a 200 engine vs 200s.

A while back I researched out the chain adjuster bolts, and Honda still sold them new. I'll pull up the page again though. Darn, looks like they just went out of production, the site even has a photo of it which is uncommon for old parts. Maybe you can find a dealership that has them in stock yet or willing to search the database to find a dealer that could ship the part. Of course used is always an option.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...5dfed059505282

Can't really give much advice about the swing arm bolt since I very shortly had a 200x before I sold them. If there's enough room and you truely don't care about it, you should be able to use a cut off wheel and cut the tip of the bolt in the middle, and carefully but the bolt in half if there's enough room. If there's anything left to grab on the nut, heat up the nut, hit with penetrating fluid, heat back up, hit with penetrating fluid, etc and try it after another reheat. The heat shocks the rust and the penetrating fluid helps it come off. Don't use like WD40, get something that's for rusty bolts aka the right tool for the job (needs to say penetrating fluid on the can).

There's also a collar in the middle of the swing arm, I suspect of the nut is rusted up that bad, you might have a fight ahead of you with the collar. Here's the parts diagram to visualize it.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...gine-protector

Good luck with your project.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //