//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your most reliable vehicle

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    What do you guys have that’s good? For me it a’02 tundra trd, 17yrs/130k with not a single issue. Front rotors/pads, timing belt/water pump and regular maintenance is it. Runs like freakin new! Never had anything go that far without an issue.
    What else is out there?
    We are in the market for a newer car. Our Subaru has 170k.
    My 2000 Tundra just turned 250k. Although I’m the 2nd owner and have only had it for the last 28 months/46k. I drive a lot for work so I split the miles between the truck and a beater car (currently a Prius).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The return of the fox!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I've had Hondas, Chevys, Fords.....but the most reliable I remember was one my family had growing up we used as a delivery truck.
    1978 Chevy "Big 10" Silverado
    Bought it used with 40k miles and drove it until 175k miles showed on the odometer before my Dad refreshed the motor. And the speedometer/odometer was out in it for over a year so probably closer to 200k miles. At just over 200k miles showing on the odo, he had the transmission replaced and had the speedo/odo fixed at the same time. He finally upgraded that delivery truck but "Old Reliable" was kept around for other personal use. I used it several times for hauling my 350X around when my Found On Road Dead (FORD) was on the blitz. He finally got rid of it and I remember him saying it showed over 275k on the odometer. It wasn't that it had miles on it and nothing ever broke but it was minimal maintenance and it didn't leave you stranded.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    What do you guys have that’s good? For me it a’02 tundra trd, 17yrs/130k with not a single issue. Front rotors/pads, timing belt/water pump and regular maintenance is it. Runs like freakin new! Never had anything go that far without an issue.
    What else is out there?
    We are in the market for a newer car. Our Subaru has 170k.
    How you like the Subaru? I've heard they are great cars but never ran across the opportunity to buy one. Not many used ones with low miles which tells me most people like them so they drive them a long time.

I'm more of a "keep my eyes open" kind of buyer. My sister was getting a new vehicle so instead of trading in her 2010 Honda Accord, I bought it. I gave her more than trade-in but less than I could have bought it off a car lot. Kids were going to start driving so I needed another car and that's what fell in my lap.
    That Accord has been good but only has 75k miles so time will tell. The 2005 Accord (130k miles) the kids drive uses oil, headliner falling down, stereo went out, CEL on (sensor in the exhaust that has been replaced once and throwing the same code.) When they are off the payroll, that one is gone. Don't even care if I give it away.

Wife drives a Caddy SRX (mini-SUV) that she likes but too many gadgets for me to deal with. Bought x-warranty on that because of all the dang sensors and crap on it. I ain't touching that one. Been in the shop several times for touch-screen acting up, gear shifter issues, sunroof shade wadding up. She had a Chrysler 300 before that and I was impressed with that car. Never been a Chrysler/Dodge man but the V6 with the 8-speed was smoooooth, plenty of power, great mpg for a big car. There's a difference in comfort/leg room in a Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger and other "large sedans" like an Accord. The Chrysler/Dodge is a true full-size. I know several people with the Chargers with the V8s and they love the power but the V6 gets better mpg and it is not lacking on power.

Good luck!

--
    ‘07 Toyota FJ
    It’s a gas hog at 13 mpg BUT I work at home and drive less than 5K miles a year. I use Mobile 1 and a Toyota filter and only change my oil once a year. Lol!
    I have yet to get to 80k miles. It’s got 70-something now.
    No more than I drive, I could care less about mileage.
    It starts and runs perfectly and other than brakes & a battery I’ve never done a thing to it over 10 years.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    How you like the Subaru? I've heard they are great cars but never ran across the opportunity to buy one. Not many used ones with low miles which tells me most people like them so they drive them a long time.

I'm more of a "keep my eyes open" kind of buyer. My sister was getting a new vehicle so instead of trading in her 2010 Honda Accord, I bought it. I gave her more than trade-in but less than I could have bought it off a car lot. Kids were going to start driving so I needed another car and that's what fell in my lap.
    That Accord has been good but only has 75k miles so time will tell. The 2005 Accord (130k miles) the kids drive uses oil, headliner falling down, stereo went out, CEL on (sensor in the exhaust that has been replaced once and throwing the same code.) When they are off the payroll, that one is gone. Don't even care if I give it away.

Wife drives a Caddy SRX (mini-SUV) that she likes but too many gadgets for me to deal with. Bought x-warranty on that because of all the dang sensors and crap on it. I ain't touching that one. Been in the shop several times for touch-screen acting up, gear shifter issues, sunroof shade wadding up. She had a Chrysler 300 before that and I was impressed with that car. Never been a Chrysler/Dodge man but the V6 with the 8-speed was smoooooth, plenty of power, great mpg for a big car. There's a difference in comfort/leg room in a Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger and other "large sedans" like an Accord. The Chrysler/Dodge is a true full-size. I know several people with the Chargers with the V8s and they love the power but the V6 gets better mpg and it is not lacking on power.

Good luck!
    The Subaru is a 95 legacy-5-speed wagon. It’s been great-affordable transportation. The grip is incredible!! Had a fair amount of work done to stop the oil leak back in ‘15, but hasn’t leaked a drop since and we put 50k miles in that time and it hasn’t been back to the shop for anything I couldn’t do, which has been pretty minor. Ironically, just after I posted this the c/v axle started clicking because of a torn boot that I didn’t catch. Ended up replacing the axle last week, which was simple.
    We paid $3,300 in ‘08 with 80k miles, so the cost per mile doesn’t even come close to what I’ve paid to drive the tundra. I’m not to excited on driving it more than a full day, but I will.

--
    I despise all wheel drive. I sell tires for a living and most of them eat tires for lunch. BUT, I will say; Subaru seems to have the AWD thing down pat. They're the one AWD vehicle I have never heard complaints about. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they been doing the AWD thing longer than anyone. At least consecutively.

--
    My mother has a newer subi forester, very reliable traction is goat like, expensive to repair. Since I'm a "grown up" now, she will not let me work on it for her. Supposedly the way the AWD works on the Subaru if you destroy a tire you have to replace all 4 tires, because if there is like a 32 of an inch difference in circumference it will twist the drivetrain all up. Once again, I have not verified this, just something that subaru owners have told me.

--
    03 TACOMA with 130K on it. Did the timing belt and water pump at 100K.

I had been pulling a 21' ToyHauler with the truck, but it just isn't the correct vehicle to tow with, not that much weight anyhow...

Been waiting and qwatching patiently for about a year now and hoping a Tundra pops up.

Apparently after 2014, some of the standard options are no longer included, so I'm looking at 07 - 14 models.

I stayed home this whole damn year because my father got his ass in trouble, I'm NOT missing another year of friends and fun.

I've now owned 3 Tacos now, each one seems to last me about 10 years and 200K miles, I'll never switch brands, they've served me very well...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I despise all wheel drive. I sell tires for a living and most of them eat tires for lunch. BUT, I will say; Subaru seems to have the AWD thing down pat. They're the one AWD vehicle I have never heard complaints about. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they been doing the AWD thing longer than anyone. At least consecutively.
    You can disable the awd. Turn it into fwd by installing a fuse. I think it’s because of the mini-spare. I’ve never done it because I’m not sure if there would be any negative effects from running in fwd for too long.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    The return of the fox!
    I check the forum every couple of weeks. I’ve spent the last few years with some house projects and a Toyota Supra project that took time away from trikes. I’m back to building trikes though, that’s what I really like.

Hopefully I’ll have my second suspended YTM200 completed this spring and some reproduction rear suspension kits ready to go.

1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    I did not know that JD

--
    Do you even see many awd cars in Tennessee?

Also, have you ever done a ford split wheel? Got a flat on ours and I couldn’t find anyone to fix it until it was off the wheel. There was a little shop that use to do them, but they are gone.
    I didn’t want to replace 6 wheels right now so I did this and used a clamp-on inflator. But, thankfully, that actually turned out to be the easy part.
    This is extremely dangerous and if you or anyone knows someone who has been hurt doing this, I’m terribly sorry.
    I wish there were an easier replacement rather than buying brand new wheels for a f-6 that’s 70 years old.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //