//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate update

--

Tecate update

Thought I’d share a couple more pics of my Tecate since I got it going and changed a couple more things on it. I ended up getting another set of rear fenders to shave and like how they came out other than the big crack in them. I also had to fix a couple little leaks and adjust the rear shock after I took it for its first ride at the dunes but over all it did good, also changed the gearing since it was to high with the 22” tall tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Wild, clear fuel bowl, awesome!
    How does it feel and run? Love it? Motor mods?
    Must video!

I wonder if some flex or pvc tape on the underside of that split wouldn't work and maybe a few drops of superglue right in that split.
    Last edited by fieldy; 12-14-2018 at 02:13 AM.

--
    Thanks fieldy, that’s the bowl that comes on the lectron carbs. It rides pretty nice, I wasn’t sure how the Marvin Shaw shock was going to work. I did have to raise the rear just a little after my trip because I noticed when I got home it had compressed all the way and my frame touched the caliper barely. Engine is a 300 on race gas, KX500 v-force 3 reeds and intake, 40mm lectron, dg exhaust and Pvl ignition. Old gearing was to high before and it was kind of slow off the line but should be a lot better now. Also when I got back I found out the power valves were not closing all the way so I got that fixed also.

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    WOW! Nice job! That thing is beautiful. I bet it is a blast to ride in the sand.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Twittle View Post
    Thanks fieldy, that’s the bowl that comes on the lectron carbs. It rides pretty nice, I wasn’t sure how the Marvin Shaw shock was going to work. I did have to raise the rear just a little after my trip because I noticed when I got home it had compressed all the way and my frame touched the caliper barely. Engine is a 300 on race gas, KX500 v-force 3 reeds and intake, 40mm lectron, dg exhaust and Pvl ignition. Old gearing was to high before and it was kind of slow off the line but should be a lot better now. Also when I got back I found out the power valves were not closing all the way so I got that fixed also.

Noticed the aluminum plate where tailight should be and that reminded me of an article where they put six pack racks on their dune trikes. Thats where they kept their nitrous bottles.
    Thinking if i was near dunes i would put a rack and cooler on the back that was easy to install and remove with some pins. Slap a battery in there and you could run led's and a lightbar, strip lighting, phone chargers, speakers along with many other gadgets. ...like turn signals, lol.
    Are you going to run an electonic temp gague?
    Thanks for the posts.

--
    Thanks ATCKevin, it is fun and I can’t wait to get back out there with it.

Fieldy the aluminum plate is for my tabs and will have an led light strip on it also for my taillight. I have led lights and a battery pack for it but still need to build the frame to mount them in the stock headlight shroud. I don’t have a temp gauge right now but may add one.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //